Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Fun

DSC09685_edited-1

Hello, my friends!

It was my turn to share a few projects over at Vintage Street Market this week, so I thought I’d share them with you here, as well…

Summer is here!  Isn’t that a wonderful thing?!  In thinking up my projects, I thought of all that June brings…no more school, lazy days at the beach, Father’s Day, weddings…so many things!

DSC09696_edited-1

A day at the beach inspired this miniature sand bucket piece.  A sweet little paper doll girl  perched on a vintage-inspired Bingo card…

DSC09702_edited-1

…a layer of “sand” at the bottom made by scrunching up brown crepe paper and sprinkling it with chunky, clear German glass glitter—and shells & pearls, of course!

Then there’s Father’s Day…

DSC09705_edited-1

This Dapper Dad paper doll was just the thing for this long, tall card—reminiscent of all the over-sized ones I’ve seen before from days gone by…

DSC09708_edited-1

Wouldn’t you just LOVE to have a car like this now?!  I would!  {I think all I’d do all day is drive around in it…maybe it’s a good thing I just have a minivan!}  My Dad did have one very similar to this one…ah, the good old days!

DSC09681_edited-1

And I just had to add another page to my growing art journal…this one featuring a favorite quote of mine from Audrey Hepburn…perfectly illustrated by this lovely, young 1950s girl…

DSC09684_edited-1

It’s true, isn’t it?  

A pretty little border at the bottom finishes it off—a paper measuring tape, some lace & a few feminine touches, and that’s about it!

DSC09686_edited-1

Wishing you many wonderful, lazy & inspiring summer days ahead…

Julie

{All products & images used in these projects are by the wonderful Vintage Street Market and can be found here.}

15 comments:

  1. Just the right touches, these are so neat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!! I just adore your creations!! I would love to have a car and a sweet red dress like that now!! Oh, what fun!! Have a lovely week!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always you have done beautifully here. I always love what you create. I did manage to get some Crafty Secrets things a while back, but cannot bring myself to cut them up. I know . . . what AM I like!!! Love and hugs to you! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards - such lovely creations! Happy Summer!!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable, as usual!! You are so creative!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! Julie that sand pail is to die for...what a darling idea. Perfect for birthday treats. Summer BBQ's anything really...Your daughters classroom is going to be the hit for sure. I can only imagine her bulletin boards and cute cubbies...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects Julie, I love the beach one =) Wishing you a lovely week! Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie, you always create the sweetest things. And your art journaling just gets better and better. I do want to try it but just can't seem to get my mojo on. :/ My kids have finished school but I still have to work until the 14th. Counting down the days. :) Have a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now, that I have my son off on his mission, my thoughts are on getting some scrapbooking done. Problem is that there are so many other types of projects on the table right now! hope your having a great start to summer. Next week we will be at Girl's Camp already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your artwork. Wishing you a great start to your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun pix! I love looking at other folks' ideas for paper crafts! Thanks for sharing/ or spending/ or both!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. All wonderful, as always. Lovely colors, images and details on each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No more school? Your school ends early...we still have all the month of June to get through. Enjoy my friend!!!! I am craving summer and warmer weather ...starting to feel like a duck up here in Vancouver! Hugs to you.
    LOOOOOVE your sweet project...once again...you are amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so cute. I have heard that saying before by Audrey Hepburn...isn't that a great quote.
    Here's to a GREAT summer for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool. Love the little bucket idea!
    Summer Fun!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete