Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Play Date Cafe' Challenge #7--Classic Santa

Hello again! Two in one night once again--makes me look very chatty, doesn't it?!

It's time once again for The Play Date Cafe' Challenge! This week our host is the lovely Sandi, and here are the colors she chose:


Wonderful, classic Christmas colors, aren't they? So, of course I had to do a little something like this...

It just had to be vintage Santa, didn't it?! This beautiful image is from Crafty Secrets' "Christmas" Images & Journal Notes booklet--I've been using it alot this season!

Made some more of my chunky, glittery snowflakes with Martha Stewart's lovely snowflake punches, topped them off with crystal rhinestones for just a bit more sparkle...some crisp white lace and plaid ribbon, and that's it!

Love that German gold glass glitter--so wonderfully sparkly--especially in person!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with! Make sure to link your creations to The Play Date Cafe site so we can all come and see what you've made!

Sweet dreams!

12 comments:

  1. Once again a beautiful card Julie!! You amaze me with your creativity! I ordered some of that German Glass glitter and can't wait to see it. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here, it's coming from the US. I keep meaning to tell you , I just love your Christmas look here at your place! It makes my little visits to you so very festive! Ho Ho Ho!! Have a great Thursday! Love you loads! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I accidentally deleted all my e-mails, so could you send me your address again pretty please with sugar (or should I say glitter?) on it!!! Ta very much!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, beautiful vintage Santa, Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic Christmas colors always work! I love your little sparkly snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative! Thank you for following me too and for your nice comments! Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Xmas card! I love the vintage Santa image, the snowflakes, and the lovely trim you used. Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You card ROCKS the challenge colors! I had picked out that same image to use for my CSSC challenge this week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this vintage Santa image, Julie...and your card is so excellent. Your snowflakes are beautiful embellishments. I just purchased the same punch and am inspired. Love all the plaid ribbons and lace...beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm keeping you busy these days, aren't I?!

    This is such sweet card...I love everything about it...well, I love everything about everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Christmas memory card with Santa and his wonderful glitter! Always a pleasure to see your artwork! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin this Santa card that has a wee Scotish feel, with the tartan-like ribbon. So cute!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jules,
    this is STUNNING.. I love this vintage Christmas card.. it reminds me of the old world Father Christmas.. and I love all them embellishments and elements you have added.. AMAZING.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete