Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just a Reminder About new Vintage/Retro Design Team Call!

Good afternoon! I wanted to re-run this post to let you know about an exciting new challenge coming up soon! I think it got lost in all the posting I did yesterday, and I don't want anyone that's interested to miss out! This will be a vintage/retro-themed challenge group, and we're looking to have a lot of fun with this!

Julie Ranae is the head designer of this new challenge group, and has kindly asked me to join her as a designer in this new adventure...and we're looking for more talented, vintage-inspired artists to join us!



***Classic Vintage***


Here's what Julie posted on her blog:


DeSiGn TeAm CaLL......

There is always something new going on and
now we are looking for some new designers with a vintage edge.
Are you a vintage girl or guy?
If so, then we want to hear from you!

We are looking for designers who would like to participate
in a brand new challenge beginning in January 2010 which
focuses on a style reflecting pre-1975.

Call it vintage...call it retro...are we calling YOU?!?


Here is all you need to do:

Send me an email with your name and blog link.

If you would like, you can send up to 3 JPEG files
of favorite projects you have done which reflect your vintage-style.

Send a list of any online galleries you participate in
such as Splitcoast, Graphic45, The Play Date Cafe, etc. and please let us know if you have been or are currently on any other design teams.

We are asking a 6 month commitment to the team contributing one project per week
with possible hosting once per month.

SEND YOUR SUBMISSIONS TO:

julieranae@hotmail.com

Deadline for design team submissions is Sunday, Dec 20th.

We welcome designers from all over the world!




***Fabulous Retro!***


...and...

DESIGN TEAM CALL

If you hadn't heard, The Open Window has announced a design team call for those who specialize in vintage/retro paper arts. There are so many wonderful places to draw inspiration from for lovers of vintage and we have a new challenge blog that we want to include in that list.

To get more details, click HERE!


Some of my favorite vintage-style blogs are: A Vintage Chic, Iralamija, Lilybean's Paperie.

Some of my favorite retro-style blogs are:
Gauche Alchemy, Just Add Glitter & Stir, A Vintage Spirit and Chronically Vintage.

Visiting these blogs may help you to know if you have THE STYLE!



Well, I can't say it any better than that, so if this strikes you as something you would enjoy, please get in touch with Julie right away! We're looking forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Julie! I was here a couple days ago and wrote a nice wordy Jane Austen style introcuction and my computer shut off on me right before I was going to send it! And just when I was feeling so cute and clever, too! Ha-ha! the joke's on me!

    I will be back another time for a proper introduction and visit but I wanted to let you know that you can copy any of the images in my side bar. They are not all mine but to the best of my knowledge, they were all given freely by various different people. enjoy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd try but I think I'm more Grungy than vintage or retro! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm ... you've got me thinking!! Am I vintage enough??? Thanks for the heads up! We'll talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you and well deserve my dear!! YOur blog background is gorgeous!! YOU GO GIRL!! I know i will want to play along with this challenge blog when I can, so don't let me miss it. I would love to know when you guys are up and going!

    I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
    http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete