Friday, September 4, 2009

Vintage Halloween Charms

Good morning! Had this idea the other day & just finished last night, so I wanted to show you today. If you've already ordered some of the Crafty Secrets Vintage Postcard Kits--and you really should!--you've noticed on the cover sheet the tiny little images on the bottom that show the regular-sized images contained in the kit. Well, they're just clear & perfect and I didn't have the heart to throw them away when I finished the kit, so I thought of doing this.

It was such an easy project--just took time for the different drying times in- between steps. I used the Postcard Kit, of course!, scraps from the Crafty Secrets Earthy & Radiant paper packs for backing each charm (Halloween-looking prints), Tim Holtz charm fragments--so cool!--Inkssentials Glossy Accents to glue the charm fragments to the images, Tombow to glue the backing paper to the backside of the image, another charm fragment to back the charm, and Inkssentials silver Memory Foil tape to wrap around the charm when it was finished. Gives it the look of a soldered charm--just without burning the flesh off your hands!

The tape just happened to be the perfect width for the two charm fragments with the 2 papers in between--lucky me!

So here it is--give it a try!


4 comments:

  1. Well look at you go girl!! WHAT AN AWESOME IDEA!!! Sandy Redburn's going to love these!! I must admit though, it sounds a little difficult (for me) ... I'm not real good at this sort of thing and don't have this type of product in my stash ... but you have certainly inspired me to maybe "give it a whirl"!! Clever, Clever, Clever!! You ROCK Julie Girl!!!

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Julie! These would look so good on such a variety of projects: one of those spooky-looking tabletop Halloween trees, a pennant banner, bracelet...so cool and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I saved those too but not sure what to do with them! Thanks for the inspiration, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to make some tiny little vintage charms for a bracelet. I would wear it in a heart beat. Thanks sooo much for the eye candy and the inspiration. mary

    ReplyDelete