Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fat Little Birdies & a Fabulous Mess...

Good morning!

Just a quick post today--got to go to the dentist in a bit--not very excited about this, I can tell you! I'm the kind of girl who puts things like this off for too long, and then I have to pay for it--yikes!

Today I participated in a Sketch Challenge for the first time on SCS. I don't usually like to be constrained to a formula for a card, so I figured it would be good for me! I had a good time with it--took me a few minutes to see what I wanted to do, but then it came together...

I used another new set (to me!) from Crafty Secrets--"Christmas Joy". Don't you just love these fat little birdies???!!! There are so many beautiful stamps in this set!




The paper I used here was all Papertrey this time--delicious stuff, as I keep saying! Aqua Mist (yum!), Sweet Blush and White. I used StazOn Black for the images & Vintage Photo (my favorite ink!) for the sponging. I layered my images and used SU! watercolor crayons for a touch of extra color to the birdies.

Used Aqua Mist grosgrain, some older pink lace, and my new silver metallic rickrack trim--sorry to repeat this one twice in a row, but it just worked for this card, too! Lots of silver glitter, of course, and that's about it!


Now for the Fabulous Mess:



I love this term: "fabulous mess"! It comes from my husband's sister, Karen, who said this one Christmas morning when she was a young girl, as she looked out at the unwrapped presents & wadded up wrapping paper & ribbon all over the floor. I've used the term ever since I heard it after we were married--it's just perfect.

Interesting sideline...we have four Karens in our family...My Mother, my husband's sister and two of my brothers married Karens. So, we have to be very specific when we talk about one of them!

Okay, back to my mess & why it's here--I'm getting ready for Halloween--I LOVE decorating for the holidays!!! So, in order to clear the areas I usually decorate seasonally, I have to clear out my everyday things. This is where my old pink/turquoise things go. I adore mercury glass, and you see a lot of that here...old china pieces, things belonging to my grandmothers & great-grandmothers, some of my cards...I love this cluttered jumble!

Well, that's all for today! Hope you're having a wonderful one and wish me well at the dentist! (Yuck!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Julie, I LOVE your Fabulous Mess!!!!! What a stack of pretties! Yes, getting the other stuff out of the way for the next season is soooooooooooo much work. And that is my project for this week along with cleaning out my guest room for company. And since it is a MESS with all the merchandise from the shop I closed (needs to be photographed, priced & then stored away) that is a big job. WIsh me luck & I'll wish the same for you. And also, good luck at the dentist. Oh I hate that! Can't wait to see your finished fall decor. I'll be checking back.

    ReplyDelete