Thursday, February 4, 2010

Silly Things...and Seriously Scrumptious Things!

Good evening, everyone!

Hope it's been a great day for you all...here in California tonight it is SOOOO blustery!  My espaliered apple tree is scratching against my kitchen window, the wind is howling & the rain is falling...a good night to stay inside all warm & cozy!

I have a few things to share with you tonight...first, a couple of silly cards...you'll see!

This week at Splitcoast in the Crafty Secrets' forum, Lori is hosting the challenge, and we are to make a masculine card.  Well...I'm not sure I succeeded very well...you tell me!




Yikes!  Even on a "man" card I add glitter...not to mention the man has an apron on...Sorry, honey!  I almost didn't add the glitter...I was DONE with the card...I sat there and looked at it, and before I knew it, I was glueing & glittering!  I have absolutely no self-control.



I've decided that real men not only wear aprons, but they like glitter and rick-rack trim, too...don't they?!

This fabulous image is from Crafty Secrets' "Domestic Goddess" Creative Scraps.  The checked paper is from their "Earthy" paper pack, and the striped background print is from Graphic 45's new "A Perfect Gentleman" collection.

Next, just for fun--or maybe because I'm so darn excited about the up-coming "Alice in Wonderland" movie, I whipped this up...





Isn't she fun?!  This fabulous image is from Crafty Secrets' "Storybook" Vintage Postcard Kit--I love this set! 


Can you see the sparkles coming out of her "Wishes" pot?  A little sparkly diamond glitter, thank-you very much!  And garnet crystal rhinestones are ALWAYS a good thing!



I found the perfect little watch face embellishment in my grab-bag of stuff I got from my Mom last summer--thanks, Mom!  A little yellow pompom trim and some sliver shavings glitter, and that's it!

Last, but certainly not least, some long-lost cookies from my childhood!  I've been looking for this recipe for years!




CHERRY CHIP COOKIES
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup cherry baking chips
Additional sugar


In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.  Add egg yolk and almond extract and mix well.  Combine the flour, cornflakes and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.  Stir in chips.

Shape into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.  Coat bottom of glass with butter and dip in sugar.  Flatten cookies with glass, and re-dip in sugar before next cookie.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden brown.  Cool and devour!




Hope you love these--they make me swoon!  Here's what my youngest daughter Annie thinks of them:


See you soon with more to share...

Sweet Dreams!