Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just a Couple of Glittery Valentines...

Good evening, all!  Hope it's been a great day for you!

Just caught up a bit with some Valentines today and thought I'd share them with you...now to catch up on all the challenges I've been missing!

Here's my first...


...I'm not happy with my photos today--very gloomy and not good light--oh, well!  The colors are much brighter in real life.  This is such a sweet image from Crafty Secrets' adorable "Couple of Cuties" stamp set. 


I used some of the Distressed Clear Crackle paint on the heart and glasses the kids are holding, and silver Stickles on the background dots and watercolor pencils for the coloring...and lots of Martha Stewart "White Gold" glitter for the border.

For my next Valentine...some beautiful cupids from Crafty Secrets' newly re-worked "Seasonal" Images & Journal Notes booklet.


Again...sorry about the photos!  Lots of glitter, as usual...and I've noticed I've been feeling very "dotty" lately with my backgrounds...Love this PTI Scarlet Jewel cardstock and ribbon--such a rich, beautiful color.



I've been having lots of fun with heart doilies lately...these gold foil hearts are just gorgeous!  Love the garnet crystal rhinestones, too...isn't glitz & glam fun?!  To finish it off, I sprayed over the whole card with the fabulous "Iridescent Gold" Glimmer Mist.

Well, that's it from me tonight...got to get off the computer so my husband can hook up our new printer--thanks, honey!  Hope you all have a wonderful evening, and I'll see you very soon!

16 comments:

  1. Hey there my friend! Great valentines and glad to see you back in action!

    Love the new background, too! Really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I feel inspired to get out my bottles of glimmer mist!
    Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, your cards are so very pretty Julie! You have such a wonderful talent with this type of thing. I just adore everything you do! I can't wait until I go to Canada in July so that I can pick up some of these things you use in making them. I missed your posts so much when you were away!! How exciting, a new printer!! I send oodles of love and hugs! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, these are both beautiful, jewel tones are some of my favorite shades and sometimes tricky to pull off, you did a great job. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, beautiful, fabulous, adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layering is just stunning, I cannot mention it enough when I comment here! lol Plus, you always add some glitter so...you know. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm feeling the love :) very sweet, especially with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your art is fantastic, Julie! What a wonderful Blog you have! Thank you for your nice comment. I will be back for frequent visits for inspiration! WOW! Best to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Valentines! Love that gold doily with the garnet stones! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really lovely valentines! I like how you used the Distress Crackle on that heart. I've never used that, but I want to give it a try. And I'm intrigued by the Glimmer Mist. What a great way that must be to finish off a project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Valentines are precious. Take care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - gorgeous Valentines! I love that cracked heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I used to do more elaborate cards like that and still am inspired by yours but these days I do very simple cards...sort of the mood I'm in lately. I made some today (posted at my blog) that utilized my scanner and printer. But now that I see yours, I may have to go raid my craft closet and see what I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic Valentines Julie!! I really need to get my hands on these new "reworked" images and I love what you are doing with paper hearts, ric-rak & lace ... you are the "vintage wizardette"!! HUGS to ya!
    OH BTW ... love your blog layout ... so YOU!!

    ReplyDelete