Saturday, February 6, 2010

Birdies, Fairies & Fabulous Shadowbox Cards


Good evening, everyone! 

Hope you're in the middle of a wonderful weekend--and I hope my friends back East are all staying warm and cozy inside!

I have a couple of 3D shadowbox cards to share with you tonight...these were a huge hit at CHA--the brilliant creation of Vicki Chrisman--these cards are SO much fun to play with!  There's no end of things you can do with them!  I've got lots of plans for them with old family photos, more vintage images....you name it!




For this one, I used a combination of Crafty Secrets' new "Altered Fairy" Creative Scraps and "Birds & Botanicals" Images & Journal Notes booklet. 



Sweet little children have tea in bird nests all the time, don't they?!



I love this sweet little fairy--such a great "How did I get here?" expression on her face!



I put some Clear Crackle Paint on the egg...and lots of fine diamond glitter, of course!

This one was lots of fun...I just kind of couldn't stop adding more and more stuff! 


These images are all from the "Altered Fairies" scraps, "Childhood" Images & Journal Notes and the "Wild & Wacky" booklet, which is no longer available.





 I really love this tiny soft aqua pom-pom trim & these pink velvet flowers--just beautiful!



Always wish big!


I just love this little sweetie popping out of the envelope!

I took another picture of it on my piano so you could see how well they stand on their own--such a fabulous design! 


That's it for tonight!  Hope you have a safe and wonderful weekend!