Monday, January 4, 2010

Beautiful Big Sur...and the Queen of Aprons

Good afternoon, my friends!  Can't believe I haven't posted anything since New Year's Eve!  It's been a very busy time for all of us, though--hasn't it?!  Hope all of your holiday celebrations have been full of family, friends and fabulous times!

I wanted to share a little of a beautiful day we just had with you.  On Saturday, we all headed out to Big Sur, which is close to where we live.  Gorgeous!!!  Keep in mind, this is January!



Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?  Love the gorgeous blues and greens in the water...ahhhh!



My girls looking out at the ocean...



WOW!



Sarah, Annie and Chelsea...



Wish I could have been closer to that beautiful lighthouse...almost sunset...



Not quite sure what Sarah was doing...but I like it!



My girls in front of Bixby Bridge in Big Sur...what a lovely day!

I actually got a couple of cards made this week, as well!  Not as much creating time as I usually have, but that's okay!  Here's the first:



I made this for a dear friend of mine who's birthday is coming up fairly soon...she IS the queen of aprons!  The images are from Crafty Secret's new & improved "Girlfriends" Images & Journal Notes booklet,  LOVE those aprons!  And the retro stars....my favorites! 



The background paper is from Graphic 45's "Domestic Goddess" collection--a great favorite of mine!  I tried to duplicate the look of apron sleeves at the sides of the card with the lace and the rick rack trim.  Just printed up my own "Queen of Aprons", added some Martha Stewart "White Gold" glitter, some buttons and that's about it!



Here's another quick one I made using Crafty Secret's "Kitchen Mail" Vintage Postcard kit...



These postcards are just so much fun to make--and speedy, too!  You can add as much or as little as you want...



The photo doesn't really pick up the diamond glitter on her wings, but it's there! 




Mrs. Wonderful...if only!  Love using crystal rhinestones on these--great sparkle!  I edged the postcard with my favorite real silver shavings glitter--nothing glitters  quite like it!

Well, that's about it for today!  I hope you're enjoying the New Year so far, and that 2010 will be a wonderful, creative year for all of us!