Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Sugary Card and Some Very Sugary Cookies!

Good afternoon, friends!  Hope your day is going well! 

Just a couple of things for you today, then off to spend more  time with my girls.  We're still on vacation from school--a long one!  There are still games to be played and fun to be had!

This week marks the 101st Crafty Secrets challenge over at Splitcoast--WOW!  The lovely Lori is our hostess this week, and couldn't stop thinking of "101 Dalmations" due to our number of challenges, so this week, we were to "show our spots" in our cards--cute idea!  Here's what I came up with:



This adorable image is from Crafty Secrets' "Homemade" Images & Journal Notes booklet--one of my favorites!  Love this spotty Martha Stewart punch--can't remember what it's called, but I LOVE it!



Mother/Daughter baking times are so wonderful, aren't they?  Love the soft pastel colors in the image--so delightfully vintage!  Had to add a healthy dose of real silver shavings glitter to this one!  The lacy doily seemed a good addition, as well!



Sweet little alphabet stickers from Crafty Secrets' "Baby Girl" sticker set, lots of silver Stickles for my spots, another vintage abalone button and some soft, lovely ribbon, and that's about it!

Now, how about some SUPER sugar, crumbly, flaky and delicious (but not very good for you at all!) cookies?! 




These come to us courtesy of the fabulous Pioneer Woman!  Ree Drummond is her name (just in case you don't already know!), and I just adore her style, humor, photography and recipes!  If you haven't "met" her yet, you really need to rush right over and do so!



I haven't gotten permission to print her recipe from her new and wonderful cookbook yet, so I'll just show you the book...



...and let you know that Amazon. com is offering it to us at an amazingly good price!  I first saw it at a bookstore, and almost bought it for myself at $27, but it was the week before Christmas, and I just couldn't justify it...then, I looked it up on Amazon, and they had it for $11.50!!!  It was SO mine!  They are still offering it at that price--hurry!



Want a bite?!  SOOOO flaky, tender & sweet!  These are her "Angel Sugar Cookies"...yum!

That's it for now--make something delicious today!