Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Happy New Year's Wish from 1910!


Happy New Year, dear friends!

I wasn't planning on doing a post today, but thoughts kept jumping into my head and they wouldn't leave me alone...so here I am!

Made a quick card today with a beautiful image from Karen, The Graphics Fairy. She finds the most wonderful vintage images, and is always so generous in her sharing--thanks, Karen!

Here's my card:



...and a couple of close-ups...



Love that glitter!



Love this old vintage abalone button!  This was in my husband's grandmother's stash...



What a gorgeous vintage calendar from 1910--what a beautiful year!  I love this woman's image and all I could think of was how much it reminded me of my great-grandmother, Pauline Udall Smith.  Here she is in 1909--one hundred years ago...




Isn't she beautiful?  Here she is with my great-grandfather, Asahel Smith...their wedding photo from 1909...one of my very favorite old family photos...





The next year, January 1910, my grandfather, Rudger Smith was born. Here is a beautiful postcard birth announcement we have from February 1, 1910, from Pauline to her cousin Pearl:



and on the back we see that baby and mother are both doing fine...!




Here's their beautiful family a few years later with a new brother for Rudger...my grandfather is the little one standing in a dress...!





Thanks for indulging me in a little look back at my family 100 years ago...and from Pauline and me, a very Happy New Year to you all!