Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Play Date Cafe' Challenge #10...The Ladies' Favorite

Good evening, everyone!  We're sure coming close to the end of another year, aren't we?  It seems to go more quickly the older I get!  I remember my grandparents saying that, and I would think how silly that was....but, boy!  do I ever it understand now!

We're on week 10 in The Play Date Cafe' Challenge already--hard to believe!  So glad to have so many talented people contributing and playing along with us--thanks so much!  It's open to everyone, so come on and join us!



This week's challenge is hosted by the lovely Sarah, who has chosen a very delicious color combination...chocolate brown, turquoise and dusty pink...yum!

Here's what I came up with:



The image I used is from Crafty Secrets' "Homemade" Images & Journal Notes booklet, and the turquoise background print paper is from their "Radiant" paper pack.  The vintage recipe cards are ones that I'd found online & reprinted.  Some Martha Stewart "White Gold" glitter, some lace, ribbon & buttons and we're all done!



Hope you're all enjoing the tail-end of 2009...and I'll see you next year!  (When I was young, my parents loved to say things like that on New Year's Eve....things like; "We won't eat again until next year"..."I guess I won't see you again until next year"..."No more game-playing for us until next year"...used to scare me to death!  Then, one year, I finally cracked the code!  Not quite as final as I'd thought, after all!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!