Monday, November 16, 2009

Some Stamping, Storybook Houses, and a Sweet Love Story...

Good evening, all! So much to do today, hope you stick with me till the end, because that's where the sweet, true-love story is....!

First of all--oh, my! I'm so thrilled to be asked to join Julie Murray and the Design Team--Alison, Sarah and Sandi--of The Play Date Cafe' Challenge! I'm just so excited to be part of this talented team--they are such warm and welcoming women, and just wait till you see the fun planned for the rest of the year--and beyond! This will be my first week to host, and I'm really looking forward to everyone's beautiful creations! There's still time to join in this week, and I hope you do, if you haven't already! Sandi's hosting this week, and her beautiful color selection can be seen in my post from yesterday...Thanks so much, ladies!

More thanks...today I received two very beautiful cards in the mail...one from my sweet friend, Darlene, and the other from another kind friend--also from Splitcoast, Melisa. Both were sending well-wishes for getting over my bug--I'm doing much better, ladies, and your thoughtfulness really made my day--thank-you both!

So many wonderful people in the blog world--if I'd only known...I'd have done this SO much sooner!

Okay, down to "business"! I've got three cards for you tonight--all from three of my favorite stamp companies! My first card tonight is for a sketch challenge at Pink Persimmon--


I love Scottie's --we have a Scotty...she was VERY expensive! Her pedigree says she's 100% Scottish Terrier, but I'm fairly certain that somewhere in her family tree, a TASMANIAN DEVIL played a part, because that's what she is! We love her, she's adorable, but she can't be in the house--she EATS my house! But this little Scotty image is peaceful and sweet, isn't it?!



Had fun with this one--thanks for the challenge, Pink Persimmon!


My next card uses an image from Crafty Secrets' "Christmas" Images & Journal Notes.


This is one of my favorite images in the booklet--mostly because I love pictures from this time periods, around the 1920's, and I love the style of these houses--very storybook or bungalow style--my favorite!



Those beautiful, steep, snow-covered roofs, the beautiful colors of the houses...aaahhh! Making this card made me pull out one of my favorite books on Storybook Houses. If I could live in one of these beauties, I would do it in a heartbeat!



Bear with me, here...I want to share some beautiful Storybook-style homes I found online...





Aren't these fabulous??? Okay, maybe not to everyone's taste--but they just make me happy!

These houses were very popular in southern California--especially in Hollywood--can you see why?

Last but certainly not least...while making this last card with a fabulous new set from Cornish Heritage Farms,



(***Just added the card I made to the post--for some reason it got deleted last night, so you were all probably wondering WHAT card I said I made with this set! Ah, technology!)

...I was reminded of my great-grandparents, Glenn and Estella Stapley. I have a picture of them that the couple in the stamp really remind me of...

...and the house he built for her in the 1920's...a large, beautiful home in the palm-lined lanes of old Phoenix, Arizona...


In this picture, you can see the large screened-in porch upstairs where the kids would sleep in the summer...


Glenn and Estella were, literally, childhood sweethearts. They always said they were born "a day apart and a mile apart", in Mesa, Arizona , on June 6th and 7th of 1895. No details tonight...you've read quite enough from me for now! Just a sweet love story to go to sleep on...sweet dreams!

(Scotty card: Pink Persimmon's "Ric Rac Circle" set, "Little Christmas Cottage" set, "Vintage Cupcake" set, "Scotty Dogs" set. )