Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Play Date Cafe' Challenge #5--Lavender Lady

Hello again! I don't often do two posts in one night!

I was forgetting my new duties as a DT member for The Play Date Cafe'--this is my first week to host, which starts tomorrow, and I need to actually post it here, too! Silly me!

I really enjoyed being able to choose the colors this week...wasn't easy, though! I looked through so many beautiful photographs before this one popped out at me, and I knew it was the one!

Being such a vintage girl, the beautiful perfume bottles really appealed to me--love cut crystal, don't you?! I've always loved that magenta-like purple together with the beautiful, soft blue, too...reminds me of my grandmother...I'm not sure why! But, I loved these colors! A little silver, and lovely, soothing white rounded out my color scheme. Hope you like it!

Here's what I came up with for the challenge:


This image of this beautiful woman came from the wonderful Karen, The Graphics Fairy--I keep finding the loveliest images on her blog! Thanks, again, Karen! Just used another one of her's on my earlier post this evening!


I used Orchid Opulence, Bashful Blue, some lovely textured silver dp I purchsed at Michael's a couple of years ago--sorry I don't remember who's!, and some PTI White.

Topped it off with some lovely lace, ribbon, and she really wanted to have pearls draped around her, so I got these beautiful glass pearls at Michael's, also. I used my new Martha Stewart triple scallop edge punch on the silver paper.

The most wonderful addition to my little card are the three beautiful lavender roses on the bottom right of the image. These were a few of the lovely roses my friend Joanne sent to me a couple of weeks ago--thanks, Joanne! How did you know I needed just that color? Brilliant girl!

Thanks once again to my sister DT members for welcoming me so warmly! What a fun group of ladies to work with!

We hope you enjoy the colors this week, and that you'll all play along at The Play Date Cafe Challenge! Can't wait to see what you create...Have fun!


***Just added...check out this lovely new blog I found...Robin's Egg Blue...and her beautiful and generous give-away!