Sunday, November 15, 2009

Play Date Cafe' Challenge #4...Finally!

Good Sunday afternoon to all!

I've been trying to get this card done almost all week! Being sick doesn't help you get things done, does it?! Whatever this bug is (it's not the piggy thing!) is sure wiping out a lot of us, it sounds like! Here's hoping we're all feeling up to snuff VERY soon!

Here's this week's color template for the Play Date Cafe' Challenge--week #4 already, WOW! I've met so many lovely people through this challenge--come and join in if you're not already doing so--lots of fun! Our host this week is Sandi (Celticwoman).



And here's my entry for the challenge:


(Sorry it's so dark at the top of the card...every picture I took was the same...?)

As this is a color challenge, my take on it (it is open to interpretation...) was to use Chocalate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Naturals Vanilla and Sage Shadow for my cardstock. The adorable image I found, courtesy of Karen, THE Graphics Fairy, (thanks so much, Karen!!!), was just perfect, I felt, for this, as it had most of these colors in it--made my job pretty easy!

It's hard to see the diamond glitter I added to the sweet little white blossoms on her hat and above, but it's there! I also used my German glass glitter around the image and elsewhere on the card....some ribbons and lace for trim, and a big vintage abalone button (courtesy of Great-Grandma Gorrells' buttons stash!), and that's it!

Thanks to Sandi and all the PDCC ladies for another wonderful challenge! Can't wait for the next one!