Saturday, November 7, 2009

Play Date Cafe' Challenge #3...The Queen Bee

How is everyone tonight? Hope your weekend is going very well...fun with family & friends, not too much work...only good things!

Just a quick post tonight--really! My husband and daughters are waiting for me to watch a movie with them, and it's already after 10:30, so we're in for a late one, I think!

This is the 3rd week of the Play Date Cafe'--have you joined in the fun yet?! So many wonderfully talented people are already participating, so come and play! This week the color challenge is beautiful and dramatic: red, white and black.

I have a beautiful stamp set that I haven't used yet, and it was the only thing that kept coming to mind when I thought of the colors--and here it is:



This gorgeous set from Paper Relics, a favorite of mine. I love the artist's vision of fantasy mixed with vintage--Hope Wallace--she's amazing! Do yourself a favor and go look at her stamps--they're different than anything else I've seen...just gorgeous!

Here's the set:


I love the stamped saying (I split it up on the card...), "She who must be obeyed"--don't we wish!

Beautiful, isn't it?! Here's a couple of close-ups of my card--I just love the detail in the stamps! Some of them look like old woodcuts to me...




I had so much fun with the challenge this week--thanks so much, PDCC ladies! The next challenge starts on Thursday--come and play with us!

I'll be back tomorrow with something new...hope your night is delightful and your Sunday peaceful...Sweet dreams!

(Queen Bee card: Stamps: Paper Relics' "Queen Bee"; Paper: Basic Black, Real Red, PTI White; Ink: StazOn Black, Encore Gold, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick; Acc.: crocheted lace, white satin lace, black grosgrain, button, clear diamond glitter, gold glass glitter, Tombow, glue pen, crystal rhinestones, Xmas Red Stickles, dimensionals, sponge).