Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Challenging" Christmas Cards!

How is everyone tonight? Thought I'd get here much earlier, but...you know how it goes!

I just have two cards to share with you tonight--both inspired by Splitcoast challenges.

The first is the weekly color challenge. This week, the challenge was to use any neutral color for the basis and majority of the card, then add color that popped! This is my take on the challenge:



I really had fun with this! Just started by choosing an image from Crafty Secrets' "Christmas" Images & Journal Notes booklet, and the cardstock colors just chose themselves! I used Basic Gray and PTI White and Stone.

The fun thing I did here was to use the negative chipboard space from a Crafty Secrets' Vintage Postcard Kit (that I fortunately hadn't thrown away yet!) for my frame. I covered it with Pearl and Cherub Pink Glimmer Mist. Then, used a spray glue over the frame (after the Mist dried, of course!), and covered it with a sparkly clear glitter (can't remember the brand--sorry!) I really like the way it turned out!



For the snowflake, I used a Big Shot die, then sponged it a bit with Vintage Photo ink, covered it again with the spray glue, and then dunked it in Marthat Stewart's Chunky glitter. Then I repeated that, and really like the added chunk and sparkle!

My next card also uses an image from the "Chistmas" Images & Journal Notes booklet. This one is for this week's challenge in the Crafty Secrets' Forum, and is hosted by Lori. The challenge was to use a window of some kind on our cards.

As you can see, I basically used the same idea for both cards...because I had so much fun doing the first one! Here's my take on this challenge:




Won't go into too much detail for this one--similar process. The cardstock used: Kraft and PTI Vintage Cream. I sprayed the frame with Robin's Egg Glimmer Mist. I used a little of my favorite silver glitter on this one.





Hope you like these--I really enjoyed making them!

I've got some fun things for you tomorrow--sorry this was all "business" tonight! Tomorrow I'm sharing recipes & photos so yummy you'll pop your buttons just looking at them! So, till then, have a wonderful evening, do something fun and relaxing, and I'll see you tomorrow!