Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just Be

DSC01101_edited-1

So many beautiful quotes out there from strong, wonderful women…

DSC01116_edited-1

I love taking a favorite quote and illustrating it in my art journal…seeing words take shape using paint, pen & printed image…

DSC01120_edited-1

Thoughts of how to be a good, strong woman.  Thoughts that add to the teachings given already by mother, grandmothers, aunts and friends…

DSC01117_edited-1

Find out who you are, and do it on purpose”…isn’t that wonderful?  It’s so easy to admire others and want to be like them—but how much more important to just be our very best selves.  Taking the good we see in others and incorporating it into our own unique being…. 

DSC01109_edited-1

And a favorite quote from the always quotable Jane Austen…so true, isn’t it?

DSC01110_edited-1

Actions really do speak louder than words, don’t they?  But, in my journals, it’s the words and images that must do the speaking…

Julie

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love those quotes! "If you have to tell people, you aren't" - ha ha, Margaret Thatcher was a smart cookie!
    Your journal pages are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie... love all of those quotes and your pages are just fabulous... so many incredible women I admire... I don't want to be them... I just want to be me... but maybe work a little harder at what I myself can do best not only for myself but to perhaps help others... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal pages are always so lovely Julie! I love your 'quote pages' and I LOVED your pages in your previous post of the strong and beautiful women in your family. I think you are inspiring me to make one of my own : )
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pages, dear Julie!!!
    xoxo,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quotes! Actions speak louder than words, be yourself.. so true.

    Thanks for sharing!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Julie! Your "Feeling Blue" pages are so very special. Don't you just love the way they turned out! I also like the thought of "visiting" through our creativity. I know I often get lost in thoughts of loved ones when I am crafting. Such beauty to be found here! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing quotes from amazing women! Love your pages!,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quotes! Your pages are amazing as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these quotes. Words don't mean much without actions to back them....no matter who we are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your journal pages Julie. You do such a fabulous job with them, and I am love, LOVING the Spooky Halloween look of your page at the moment. Very elegant and yet, Halloween! Only you could do this! Love and hugs to you today and always! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. some awesome pages again Julie :) the quotes are perfect- love reading your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie, I love your doodling! And the images and quotes you use are always so beautiful. What inspiring journal pages!

    ReplyDelete