Sunday, May 13, 2012

Go Confidently…

DSC09488_edited-1 {beautiful image by Hope Wallace Karney}

Oh, so many fun things to do in this life!

Here’s just another one…something I’ve been meaning to begin for so long…

DSC09480_edited-1

Art Journaling…I was so very intimidated to first put pen to thick, nubby paper…

WHY???

DSC09497_edited-1

May I just say, that now that I’ve begun it, I may never, never stop!

So liberating, so creative, so messy, so….FUN!!!

DSC09481_edited-1 {corner flourish stamp from Crafty Secrets’ “Flourishes” set}

Thoughts jumbled one on top of the other…doodles popping right out of my head, down through my hand onto paper…I feel just like a little girl again!

DSC09482_edited-1

Backgrounds painted with my never favorite find…iridescent water colors!  Found at Michaels, they’re my new best toy…

DSC09494_edited-1 {stamp from Crafty Secrets’ “Art Studio” set}

Piles of things to fill in the spaces with…favorite quotes, thoughts, stamps, images…lace, buttons, do-dads & knick-knacks of all kinds, random bits of sparkle whenever & wherever the sparkle muse dictates…the sky’s the limit!

DSC09501_edited-1 {a simple border of “Linen” Tinted Tape from Vintage Street Market…just the thing!}

I’ll be sharing these sheets as I make them…my book getting fatter & more filled with experiments, thoughts, notions, dreams & very important nonsense…

DSC09483_edited-1 {lovely vintage label from Crafty Secrets’ “Creating with Vintage Illustrations” CD}

…who knows what I might learn in the process?!

And all I keep thinking is…

What took me so long?!?

DSC09495_edited-1 {scalloped lace edging stamp from Crafty Secrets’ “Antique Trims” set}

And may I wish my dear Mother the happiest of Mother’s Days…

DSC09243_edited-1

…you gave me life--have filled my life with love and the wonder of learning…and you continue to inspire and encourage me, each and every day of my life…I love you, Mom.

Happy Mother's Day wishes to ALL you beautiful and creative mothers out there…you inspire me, too.

Julie