Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Greetings

DSC05673_edited-1

Good afternoon, my friends!

Just a couple of things to share with you today…I’m at the end of my Halloween creating for this year…can’t believe this is the weekend!

Got to put away my messes for a few days—we’re having a Halloween party for our girls and their friends on Friday night—time for Mom to stop playing in all the glitter!

Here’s a little card I made last night…

DSC05662_edited-1

A cute little vintage image from Crafty Secrets’ “Halloween” Creative Scraps… “Hallowe’en Greetings”, it says…

Some fun Halloween colors tossed together, a bit of platinum Stickles for sparkle…some pumpkiny orange buttons, lace, rick-rack & pom-pom trim to finish it off…

What is it about rick-rack & pom-pom trim that makes me smile so much?

DSC05627_edited-1

I don’t know…I just love them!

Next, a little crown for Viv’s Halloween Crown party…

DSC05646_edited-1

THE last Halloween project on my table…so I used some bits and pieces left over from past projects…

A pumpkin girl from Elizabeth’s Halloween Garland Swap…

…stars from my Halloween chipboard album

DSC05642_edited-1

…and lots of lovely images left in my Crafty Secrets’ “Halloween” Creative Scraps…all used up now!

DSC05652_edited-1

Some tulle sprouting up at the top,

DSC05649_edited-1

rick-rack on the bottom, some buttons and a bit of platinum Stickles glitz, and that’s it! 

DSC05656_edited-1

Thanks for the fun, Viv!  Can’t wait to see everyone’s crowns!

And finally…a real scary bit of Halloween past… ready?

hpqscan0001_edited-1

This is my brother Steve and I…Halloween night, 1970…just getting ready to head out for a night of Trick or Treating…

Steve is Superman, of course…and me?  I’m a geisha girl…well, obviously! 

A kimono and sash brought back from Japan by my Grandparents (so I felt really authentic!)…and the cherry on top…a long black braid fashioned from black tights with the legs braided together…

Classic.

I hope your Halloween preparations are in full swing…have fun getting ready!

See you soon with something new…

Julie

20 comments:

  1. These are terrific! I love them all and I love how you use the rick~rack!

    I hope you have a great party! I love you in the geisha costume, the braid was a really neat idea!! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these. I snagged your top image there. You did so wonderful with the card it's darling. The crown, how do you come up with all those darling idea?? I adore this Halloween crown you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these pic's of you and your brother at Halloween! So cute! And so are all your creations..love the rick rack and pom pom's! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie... I have so enjoyed seeing all of your Halloween cards! The picture of you and your brother is adorable! Happy Halloween to you!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were adorable.....and I need to ask you where do you find all your time to make these amazing cards my friend...one alone would take me hours upon hours.

    Hugs.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,
    You made such a cute little Gisha girl. What a wonderful photo to have. I don't I a stich of photos from my childhood Halloweens. :(
    Love, love, love your Halloween crown, and you pretty little card. Now you can look forward to enjoying yourself at the girl's party. You will of course be wearing your beautiful crown, right? :)
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julie.. I'm so bad about getting around to commenting all the time..but I just do love all your posts! stories.. and photos and crafts, and recipies and kids.. ect.. just love it all! Thanks for all you share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the halloween creations.

    Hugs,Willy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your vintage Halloween! What a great crown. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Halloween projects - do we get to see the crown in situ on the head of the king/queen of Halloween?! Love your geisha costume, bet the tights kept your head warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. O WOW Julie, I am just blown away with how much fun that crown is. I love the inspiration. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some super makes Julie, the crown is a lovely idea.

    Hope the party goes well, I'm sure there will be lots of your yummy home bakes on offer.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're the busiest crafting girl I know!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Halloween creations, their amazing... your so talented!!! Love the picture with you and your brother at Halloween, it's so cute!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Blessings~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Julie! I always love your cards. And the crownis great. But I absolutely love the Halloween photo of you and your brother. Black braids from tightse. Now that is creative! Have a fantastic Friday! I know tonite's party will be a huge success. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie,
    I have so enjoyed seeing all your Halloween traets, That crown is amazing, I bet your party is going to be one to remember, Have a Wonderful Halloween my friend!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOve this post! Your momma is a DOLL! You are blessed!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute projects! Hope you had a happy halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a precious picture of you and your brother. I was a newly-wed that October 31, 1970. We married the previous June. I believe that night we were cooking with friends. I decided I HAD to have chicken livers to eat. (I know... crazy!) Then as I cooked them I nearly fainted. Yep! I was PG!! as we called it then. I had my first son the following July.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete