Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Greetings

DSC05673_edited-1

Good afternoon, my friends!

Just a couple of things to share with you today…I’m at the end of my Halloween creating for this year…can’t believe this is the weekend!

Got to put away my messes for a few days—we’re having a Halloween party for our girls and their friends on Friday night—time for Mom to stop playing in all the glitter!

Here’s a little card I made last night…

DSC05662_edited-1

A cute little vintage image from Crafty Secrets’ “Halloween” Creative Scraps… “Hallowe’en Greetings”, it says…

Some fun Halloween colors tossed together, a bit of platinum Stickles for sparkle…some pumpkiny orange buttons, lace, rick-rack & pom-pom trim to finish it off…

What is it about rick-rack & pom-pom trim that makes me smile so much?

DSC05627_edited-1

I don’t know…I just love them!

Next, a little crown for Viv’s Halloween Crown party…

DSC05646_edited-1

THE last Halloween project on my table…so I used some bits and pieces left over from past projects…

A pumpkin girl from Elizabeth’s Halloween Garland Swap…

…stars from my Halloween chipboard album

DSC05642_edited-1

…and lots of lovely images left in my Crafty Secrets’ “Halloween” Creative Scraps…all used up now!

DSC05652_edited-1

Some tulle sprouting up at the top,

DSC05649_edited-1

rick-rack on the bottom, some buttons and a bit of platinum Stickles glitz, and that’s it! 

DSC05656_edited-1

Thanks for the fun, Viv!  Can’t wait to see everyone’s crowns!

And finally…a real scary bit of Halloween past… ready?

hpqscan0001_edited-1

This is my brother Steve and I…Halloween night, 1970…just getting ready to head out for a night of Trick or Treating…

Steve is Superman, of course…and me?  I’m a geisha girl…well, obviously! 

A kimono and sash brought back from Japan by my Grandparents (so I felt really authentic!)…and the cherry on top…a long black braid fashioned from black tights with the legs braided together…

Classic.

I hope your Halloween preparations are in full swing…have fun getting ready!

See you soon with something new…

Julie