Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Dear Friend Marie...


Good morning, my friends!

What a lovely spring Sunday it is here in central California...the sun is out, the blossoms are blooming and fragrant, the air is sweet....perfection!

Today I want to share one of the most beautiful people I've met in this wonderful bloggy world we all love so much....Marie.

I first found her site on the Gooseberry Patch sidebar when I was still very new to blogging...as soon as her page filled my screen, I knew I would love Marie...

This woman is a wonder, I tell you!  She is an amazing chef, daily sharing the most wonderful recipes I've ever seen...

Here's last night's decadent morsel...Tres Leches Cake...YIKES!



Hurry over to The English Kitchen and grab that recipe!  (Come right back, though!)  Her recipe for turkey provided us with one of the yummiest Thanksgiving dinners ever!  (Thanks, my friend!)  Now, whenever I serve up a new recipe for dinner, my girls often ask, "Is this a 'Marie'?" 

Not only does Marie cook like the most domestic of goddesses, she makes the most adorable dolls...



...aren't those the sweetest little faces?  Here's where you can find her dolls...

Marie is also an artist--she draws the most wonderful characters!  A while ago, she asked if I would mind making some cards with her images--what a thrill!  Here they are...


This is one of my favorites, because it just feels like Marie to me...in fact, that sweet little face is her "calling card", if you will...her icon.


All her images are beautifully hand-drawn and colored so richly...I just added some lace, ribbon, and glitter, of course!


...and these flowers, which were so fun to make!  I even just happened to have the most perfect vintage buttons for their centers!  I topped them with some nice chunky glitter, then sprayed "Sunflower" Glimmer Mist over them...perfect! 

And this one...


...I chose this one because she's baking, of course!  Love the sweet faces and features of her characters!


...always with rosy cheeks and happy smiles...

She has also begun selling her images as digital stamps, which you can find here...and here's just a snippet of one to show you how sweet they are...



Adorable, right?!

Well, that's all for today...I hope you have a wonderful Sunday...enjoy the beautiful spring air...and please go and meet Marie...I guarantee you will love her as much as I do!


See you soon with something new!