Thursday, April 22, 2010

Calendar Girls...and My Very Own Badge!

Good afternoon, my friends!

What a wonderful day it's been for this girl, and it's going full-blown, non-stop till I hit my head on the pillow...who knows when tonight!  Hope your day has been great, as well!

Just a couple of things to share with you today really quick, then off to pick up my girls...

First off, this week's challenge over at Splitcoast is to use a calendar in our cards...I was having a tough time with this, so here's what I came up with...


...I used this GORGEOUS image from Crafty Secrets' "Seasonal" Images & Journal Notes booklet, and then stamped the April 2010 with stamps from their "Calendar" stamp set---just what I wanted for this!  So, not a calendar exactly, but....a slight variation thereof!


Aren't they beautiful?!  Just enjoying a beautiful spring day...one has her camera in hand, like so many of us bloggers do...just waiting for a special moment to capture...

Lots of pretty papers, glitter, lace and ribbon on this one...that's about it!

Now, THIS was fun to do!




A month or so ago, Elizabeth of Creative Breathing was inspired by a beautiful name tag--or blog tag--that Laurie of Magpie Ethel created for her blog. 

Elizabeth made one for herself, and challenged any of us who wanted, to play along!  Well, I finally got my chance!


I showed my daughters some images I loved, and asked them to choose one that they thought represented me...and they chose this one.  I love everything about this one, so I was happy to proceed!  The images are from Crafty Secrets' "Altered Fairies" Creative Scraps--one of my very favorites!

I got a bit gaudy with the glitter...I do realize this...but there's really nothing I can do about it!  I've just got an addiction--there--I said it!...and I'm running with it!


I guess this little vintage pocket watch says it all for me..."Follow after your Bliss..." 

Sounds like good advice to me!

Hope your day is magical, blissful, and everything else you wish for!

I'll see you soon with something new!

***Piney Rose is offering a beautiful tussie mussie in her blog giveaway...stop by and say hello!***