Friday, April 16, 2010

Just Another Day in the Kitchen...


Good morning, my friends!

Hope your day is going well!  This will be a quicker post today--got lots on my plate today--got to get hopping!

I find my posts returning again and again to a kitchen theme...I guess that's natural, as I think about it...we spend so much time in our kitchens every day...I'm sitting here at my computer in my kitchen right now...it's an important place in our homes, isn't it?!

Well, I made a couple more kitchen cards yesterday--there are so many kitschy and wonderful images out there, I just can't stop myself!

This first one uses an adorable image from Crafty Secrets' "Homemade" Images & Journal Notes booklet...


This is also for this week's Crafty Secrets' forum challenge over  at Splitcoast--to use the very first sketch challenge card as our inspiration...not sure how true to it I stayed (had to turn it up on it's side!), but oh, well!  

I used some wonderful Graphic 45 paper and some the blue argyle print is a retired Stampin' Up print. 


I love making these flowers with circle scallop punches--so easy and fun!  Sorry I didn't check the button for stray glitter before I took the picture...but sometimes even when I do, I find that glitter just has it's own mind...doesn't always want to be obedient to our wishes--goes wherever it pleases!  Oh, well!  I love my glitter!  Love these little cookie cutters I got at Michael's last year--just perfect for a card like this!

And now for this one...


This is one of my favorite kitschy kitchen images ever---and I had to scan the cover of one of my cookbooks to get it!  This is an adorable children's cookbook that I just love!


Each page is just a treasure--and the recipes are great, too!


Lots of silver shavings glitter, of course...with a healthy dose of Dazzling Diamonds, too!  The adorable polka-dotted  & strawberry paper is from Gooseberry Patch--how fun is that?!

And speaking of Gooseberry Patch, have you found their new "bookazine" yet?  I just got mine at Target a couple of days ago, and it's fabulous! 


My daughter Annie had another class party today, so I whipped up these little yummies from the new cookbook magazine...


Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used chunky--that's all we have in this house!)
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Roll dough into one-inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet.  Use a fork to press a crisscross pattern into the top of each cookie.  Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden.  Let cool before removing from sheet.  Makes 2 dozen.

I was a little uncertain about these, but just had to give them a try--NO FLOUR???--but they worked beautifully!  I did have to press my fork into sugar (of course--it sparkles!) before doing my crisscrosses--the dough is SUPER soft!  I also baked mine for 12 minutes--perfection!

I have some good-looking stew in the crockpot right now...also from this book--I'll let you know how that comes out in my next post!  Thanks, again, Gooseberry Patch ladies, for all the wonderful recipes & inspiration!

Just had to close with a couple of pictures of me in the kitchen...why not?!



There's my beautiful mother....and me with messy hair and my fingers in my mouth--classy girl!


Yep...I still love those darn Wheat Thins....!  Wish I had that beautiful hobnail milkglass pitcher--I love milkglass!  By the way, my sister just reminded me (thanks for coming for a visit, Becky!) that Mom still has this very high chair sitting in her kitchen--now filled by all the grandbabies...lots of sweet, messy little fingers have banged on that tray!


So, go and make something delicious today....or just stick a spoon of peanut butter in your mouth...that's okay, too!

See you soon with something new!