Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!


Good afternoon, everyone!

What a beautiful day it is here in my little corner of the world--spring is definitely here, I think!




Some sweet-smelling blossoms from my plum tree...


The view from my back patio...

Ahhhh, SPRING!  Such a breath of fresh air today....I felt inspired to make something springy & fresh!  Somehow fairies just came to my mind and I couldn't think of anything else, so....today we have fairies!



This sweet fairy image with her bird friend comes from Crafty Secrets' "Little Dolls" Images & Journal Notes booklet.  I've been wanting to use this one for a long time...today was the day!  The delicious background paper is another from my new DCWV "Ciao Bella" stack--yummy!  The large apple blossoms were cut from a sheet in the DCWV "Vintage Collage" stack--love these!



Yellow Stickles on the blossom centers, Dazzling Diamonds on flowers & wings, crystal rhinestones on her sweet fairy crown...surround it all with Martha Stewart's "White Gold" fine glitter, and that's just about it!

Here's another I did this morning...


Isn't she cute?  She looks a bit perplexed, though, as to how she came to be placed on cupcake wrappers in the center of a card...oh, well, little fairy--don't worry your sweet head about it!

The fairy and all her wings and butterflies is also from the "Little Dolls" Images & Journal Notes booklet from Crafty Secrets.  So much to play with in these!  The music background paper is from Crafty Secrets' "Radiant" paper pack. 

Some creamy crocheted lace, ribbon I "dyed" with Glimmer Mist (love the stuff!), and my favorite brown & cream gingham...more White Gold glitter, some fabulous ribbon flowers I bought at CHA last month...


A few weeks ago on someone's wonderfully creative blog (sorry I don't remember who's!), I saw the fabulous idea of using cupcake wrappers for rosettes.  How brilliant is that!  I decided to cut them different sizes and layer them...then of course had to distress them with "Vintage Photo" ink and then add some glitter!  Oh, yes...and I completely covered them with "Iridescent Gold" Glimmer Mist--they really shimmer!

Again, Dazzling Diamonds on everything that should sparkle, more crystal rhinestones, and we're all done!

Late last week, I received the most delightful package from one of the sweetest blog friends there could ever be...Elizabeth of Creative Breathing.  Elizabeth amazes me...there really is no end to the things she can and does do!  Her stories of her life wrap you in a spell you can't get out of until the very last word...she creates the most adorable things out of felt--garlands, penny rugs, wall hangings--I could go on! 

And paper creations--oh, my!  Her cards, tags & swaps will make you swoon!!!  Here's what I received in the mail...(she wanted to do a swap for a couple of my kitchen cards...I was the obvious winner in this deal, let me tell you!)...



Can you believe how adorable these are???  She puts so much into each and every one...


...so much attention to detail...so much of her heart put into everything she does...


...I love them all!  Thank-you so much, Elizabeth!  I'm so looking forward to seeing every new project you make!  If you haven't met Elizabeth yet, hurry over to meet her...you'll fall in love with her beautiful world just like I did!

That's it for today...I hope you sense at least a glimmer of spring around you today!  If not, go make something with a fairy on it...you'll feel better...I promise!