Saturday, January 16, 2010

Of Fairies and Fashionistas...

Happy Saturday, everyone! 

Hope the weekend is going well for you all--we've had a very lazy day--except for the part where we went across town to acquire a gorgeous VINTAGE piano from a friend...for ***FREE***!  When she told me they were getting rid of it, I jumped at the chance! 

I love tall, old pianos...this one was made in 1879, and was apparently used in a saloon at one time.  Used to be a player piano, but it's player parts were removed quite a long time ago...it's beautiful!  Has a wonderful sound...a few clinker keys, but I adore it!  I'll take some photos of it tomorrow and share them with you tomorrow...Some days you just get lucky!

Got a couple of things to share with you today...getting ready to go to CHA with Crafty Secrets next week--I'm SO excited about it!  Sandy Redburn asked me to join her and the amazing Vicki Chrisman at the show and help them out--lucky me!  Excited to see, learn, and of course, help out!  I won't have a laptop there, but I'll take lots of pictures and tell you all about it when I get back home...

Here's a project I made yesterday with Crafty Secrets' new "Fairy Scraps"--these are so beautiful!



Isn't she great?!  Love that pouty face...



...she looks perfect holding the "party pooper" card, doesn't she?  She deserves it...naughty fairy!



Such a great cupcake image--love it!  Of course I had to overdo the silver and gold Stickles on this...oh, well!  No restraint here when it comes to glittery things!



The chipboard piece is from Crafty Secrets' "Sweet Chips and More" set--some really wonderful pieces to work with.  I used three different colors of Glimmer Mist on the chipboard...hard to see unless you click on the photo to see it up close--I really love the look! 

The fabulous "Fairy Scraps" will be available VERY soon!

Here's another one I did using those gorgeous Graphic 45 papers from the "Fashionista" collection:



Love those fat, cabbagey roses! 



This collection is loaded with beautiful images--the fashionistas, the flowers, perfume label images...so many things!  I can see I'll be using this quite a lot...



...there's just so much to inspire you to get out those scissors and get cutting!  I went FAIRLY simple with the embellishments on this card...wanted to let all the luscious images do the talking...



Well, that's it for tonight--couldn't believe I hadn't posted since Wednesday!  It's been a busy week--I'm sure it has been for all of you!  Off to watch a movie with the family...have a wonderful night & I'll see you tomorrow!

28 comments:

  1. Julie I love your little Party Pooper, how cute.
    Funny about the piano this reminded me of how we had to sell a player piano made in 1905 before we moved to Alaska in 2001. It was just way too heavy to pay to move as we had 8000 pounds we did move! We found a home for it and you know it smelled like smoke so we knew it had been used in a saloon too. I think lots of of those pianos were used that way. Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new piano! You did get lucky and you'll have to take a picture of it. Love your creations. That Graphics 45 paper is just so awesome! Enjoy your Sunday! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, I just adore your little party pooper!! What a cute card! I don't know how you do it. Your creative cup surely runneth over! How exciting that you will get to go to the CHA with crafty secrets this week! I can't wait to see your pictures afterwards! Have fun! I love you loads, and congrats on the new piano. It sounds like a real treasure, just like you!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed the cinema Julie. I just love the little party pooper fairy. Have always wanted to learn the piano what a great thing to have! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It`s so nice to visit your blog! Beautiful craft surrounded by lovely colours and words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're going to CHA - that's great! congrats on the piano, can't wait to see pics.

    love the cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects, have a wonderful and safe trip to CHA. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A vintage piano and CHA???? You ARE a lucky girl!!!
    I admire your creativity so much. I love popping in to see what card you have made. I love the vintage images too. I really need to order some of them.
    Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh fabulous work! Have fun with the piano and CHA LOL! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! Sooooo very exciting to be going to CHA with Crafty Secrets... I've been loving the peeks of those fairy sheets from all the designers. They're gonna be mine as soon as I can buy them, LOL!! Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both creations are so very pretty. Have a great time on the road. Can't wait to see the piano!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie,
    Still here in Copenhagen, but wanted to hop in and take a look, and say I realy enjoy your sweet little fairy thing, it is just wonderfull.And the other one too, love the colors.
    xo Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie,

    I love it! If it's Pink, it has No calories. OMG!! That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

    BTW, I am so jealous. I have been trying to go and visit the Crafty Crafters blog and everytime I go there my computer crashes. I want some of those beautiful images. Dang.

    xo Cath

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello there my LUCKY friend! A "vintage" piano ... how awesome is that!!! You already know how jealous I am of you going to CHA with Crafty Secrets but that's okay they're lucky to have you to share your awesome talents with their products!!! Your creations here are awesome!! And yes ... you enabler you ... I've ordered MORE Graphic45 papers so I can copy some of your great ideas, LOL!!!
    Enjoy your evening with the family!!! We are FINALLY putting Christmas away!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Be still my heart! Your Graphic 45 collage is just wonderful! E

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are too cute!! So glad you enjoyed the poem. Motherhood is so, so, very precious. Hope you're having a great weekend with your 3 miracles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the second one - cabbage roses and the lovely lady, my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so happy that are getting the piano. So great when someone gets something they LOVE instead of it going someplace where it is not appreciated. Tell Vicki her friend Charlene in Texas said hello. She & I are long time buddies. When she was here with Sandy for the Scrapbook Convention in June we went out to dinner. Had soooooooooo much fun. She has invited me to come up to see her. I would love that this summer. HAVE FUN!!!! I know you will learn a lot & YES LOTS OF PHOTOS PLEASE! I would love to find that line of papers you are using. Do you know someone who sells it online? HUGS! Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky you getting such a fabulous old piano for free. I know that it is in great hands and will receive much love and attention. Great cards as I always. I tend to think more is better -- never the one to do anything simple. Blessings! Have a great time at the show. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love coming to check you out! Your posts are always so relaxing and everything you share with us is beautiful.Thank you!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have fun at the CHA, how fortunate for you! I love your party pooper! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning Julie. I especially love that little party pooper, she's gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a nice plasy hier!!!-)
    I love it,i love it,i love it!
    Thankyou very mach,

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your cards always bring a smile to my face! The party pooper is a hoot. And I always love Graphic 45 papers...the Fashionista is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm still laughing at the "party pooper" sitting atop that delicious looking cupcake! Your work is so beautifully detailed. It always inspired me to enlarge the photograph so that I can take it all in and marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just happened into your blog--happily!--and I love the Party Pooper card! What a wonderful blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julie-
    I love your style and your work! I would love to talk with you about a possible magazine feature in Scrapbook News and Review Magazine. If you could email me at ahouse@scrapbooknewsandreview.com I would love to send you information. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the party pooper!! So darn cute!!! How are you my friend? Look at the post above me!!! WOW!!! A magazine feature!!! You are a star!
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete