Saturday, January 16, 2010

Of Fairies and Fashionistas...

Happy Saturday, everyone! 

Hope the weekend is going well for you all--we've had a very lazy day--except for the part where we went across town to acquire a gorgeous VINTAGE piano from a friend...for ***FREE***!  When she told me they were getting rid of it, I jumped at the chance! 

I love tall, old pianos...this one was made in 1879, and was apparently used in a saloon at one time.  Used to be a player piano, but it's player parts were removed quite a long time ago...it's beautiful!  Has a wonderful sound...a few clinker keys, but I adore it!  I'll take some photos of it tomorrow and share them with you tomorrow...Some days you just get lucky!

Got a couple of things to share with you today...getting ready to go to CHA with Crafty Secrets next week--I'm SO excited about it!  Sandy Redburn asked me to join her and the amazing Vicki Chrisman at the show and help them out--lucky me!  Excited to see, learn, and of course, help out!  I won't have a laptop there, but I'll take lots of pictures and tell you all about it when I get back home...

Here's a project I made yesterday with Crafty Secrets' new "Fairy Scraps"--these are so beautiful!



Isn't she great?!  Love that pouty face...



...she looks perfect holding the "party pooper" card, doesn't she?  She deserves it...naughty fairy!



Such a great cupcake image--love it!  Of course I had to overdo the silver and gold Stickles on this...oh, well!  No restraint here when it comes to glittery things!



The chipboard piece is from Crafty Secrets' "Sweet Chips and More" set--some really wonderful pieces to work with.  I used three different colors of Glimmer Mist on the chipboard...hard to see unless you click on the photo to see it up close--I really love the look! 

The fabulous "Fairy Scraps" will be available VERY soon!

Here's another one I did using those gorgeous Graphic 45 papers from the "Fashionista" collection:



Love those fat, cabbagey roses! 



This collection is loaded with beautiful images--the fashionistas, the flowers, perfume label images...so many things!  I can see I'll be using this quite a lot...



...there's just so much to inspire you to get out those scissors and get cutting!  I went FAIRLY simple with the embellishments on this card...wanted to let all the luscious images do the talking...



Well, that's it for tonight--couldn't believe I hadn't posted since Wednesday!  It's been a busy week--I'm sure it has been for all of you!  Off to watch a movie with the family...have a wonderful night & I'll see you tomorrow!