Monday, January 11, 2010

Love is in the Air....

...it is, isn't it?  Wherever you look, Valentines are springing up all of a sudden!  Sweet, chubby cherubs are shooting their arrows, hearts are sparkling with glitter, flowers and candy abound...it's just everywhere!

I thought I'd add to that a bit today, as well!  I was invited to a bridal shower on Saturday and made this card for the bride-to-be:



I really had fun with this, just kept adding things till it felt right...a paper doily was covered with different colors of Glimmer Mist, then topped with...



...some sweet images from Crafty Secrets' "Joys of Life" booklet...The words are from their "Cherish" stamp set--such a beautiful bunch of stamps!  The background paper and the cut-out flowers are from their "Pastel" paper collection.



Lots of silver shavings glitter, some lovely half-pearls, ribbon, lace and that's about it!



Just look at this gorgeous sentiment!  I love the fonts and illustrations from the Art Deco period--they always make MY heart flutter!  This is also from the "Cherish" stamp set--this is the inside of the card.

Yesterday I made a little Valentine...wonder who it's for?  Again, I started with a Glimmer Misted doily--seem to be enjoying that quite a bit lately!  The adorable chipboard heart is from Crafty Secrets' "Sweet Chips Frames & More" set.  I covered it with "Tattered Rose" and then Clear Crackle paint...then gave it a healthy dose of mica flakes!



Again, had so much fun just adding & adding till I could add no more!  Love the muted colors and shabby Valentine feel of it...The trio of flowers is from an SU! flower punch...



This sweet image is from Crafty Secrets' new "Couple of Cuties" stamp set--just perfect for Valentine's Day!  I covered the colored image with Clear Crackle Paint...



...here you can see the crackling a bit better--I really love this effect on vintage images!



Here you can see a bit of the musical paper I used as my background...this is from Crafty Secrets' "Pastels" paper collection...the saying is from the "Couple of Cuties" stamp set, also.  Then, just added some lovely lace, ribbon, buttons, a bunch of Martha Stewart's "White Gold" glitter,  and that's a wrap!

Hope your Valentine "season" is off to a lovely and creative start!  Can't wait to see what you're all creating! 

Now, go hug someone you love! 

See you soon!


***Stop by and check out Erika Taylor's fabulous giveaway here--it's a good one!***