Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ephemera Journal

DSC03072_edited-1

A new little project begun this week…a handmade journal using only vintage ephemera as page material…

DSC03063_edited-1

Using an Ephemera Kit from Vintage Street Market, and countless papers I already had in my collection, I made a start…

DSC03064_edited-1

With a piece of sturdy cardstock as a base for each page, I just layered each one with bits of sometimes fragile but beautiful old paper…

DSC03077_edited-1

…until a nice mini-album emerged.  And I love it!  Then bits and pieces of favorite things were added--

DSC03080_edited-1 

along with vintage images to help illustrate the thoughts I was thinking…

DSC03075_edited-1

…a bit of doodling thrown in, of course—as usual!

DSC03067_edited-1

…and my little handmade journal emerged.  Quite a fun little project to complete in just a day or two.

DSC03082_edited-1

So much fun, I think I may just have to start another one!

Julie

{Baker’s Twine, Tinted Tape, ribbon, lace, Bingo cards & much of the paper ephemera found at Vintage Street Market}

6 comments:

  1. I love it, Julie! You are so inspiring and you find the best quotes! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. To bad I don't live close to you, I'd HIRE you to put beautiful journal pages together for me (tee,hee)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely as always. Maybe I will play with paper and glue over my spring break that sadly has started with a major dust storm. Ugh! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful! I think of it as a 'vintage style junk journal". Love all the layering and embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The papers are lovely but it's your delightful lettering that is the divine finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete