Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sweet May…

DSC03017_edited-1

Oh, sweet May!  Is there another month more lovely?  Birds are happily singing, bees are busily buzzing, all is fresh and bright…

A month for flowers given to friends and loved ones…delightful baskets bursting with blooms…

Roses, violets, lily-of-the-valley…fragrances too sweet to forget…

…and one of the most lovely {to me, at least!}…

DSC03017_edited-1

…delicate forget-me-nots…slight on fragrance, but full of beauty for the eye…

A little card made today in honor of May…

DSC02995_edited-1

…a sweet new image from Crafty Secrets’ newly printed “Birds & Botanicals” Images & Journal Notes booklet…I just couldn’t wait to use this one! 

DSC03008_edited-1

A bit of machine stitching instead of adhesive to hold layers of thick cardstock together…my favorite feather stitch…

DSC03001_edited-1 

…a fat, triple bow made of sumptuous springtime blue seam binding…

DSC02996_edited-1

…and a simple row of my favorite vintage mother-of-pearl buttons…

Did you share a basket of posies with a friend to celebrate May?

It’s not too late, you know!

Wish I could bring a basket to each of your doors…but I guess these will just have to do!

DSC02995_edited-1

HAPPY MAY!

 

See you soon with something new…

Julie

{vintage flower images found online}