Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother and Child…

DSC03065_edited-1 

Is there anything more beautiful than an image of a mother and her beloved child?

Love, hope, faith…waiting…and finally!  That tiny little one you’ve been dreaming of…life will never be the same again…

DSC03063_edited-1 {some yummy seam binding, all wrapped up in a bow…topped off with some beautiful vintage millinery flowers in aqua…}

The same sweet story continued since time began…

A short search today for these images from my own family…just a few to share…

My great-grandmother, Estella with her baby Nathel in her arms, my grandmother, Velda in front, and her young brother next to her…aren’t they a handsome bunch?!

Now a momma…Velda holds my adorable, curly-topped mother, Karen, in her arms…

Velda & Karen Ann newspaper photo

Here they are again a few years later…a small picture article in the Phoenix newspaper…weren’t the 1940’s wonderful?!  Such sweet little domestic visits were considered newsworthy…isn’t that nice?

Another generation…my mother, Karen, holds her first little one…me. 

A few months later, here we are again on a beautiful spring afternoon in Boston…

 

Another generation!  My how they rush by…here we have a new mother…me.  In my arms, my sweet first daughter, Chelsea…next to me, my mother Karen…and her mother, Velda…

Velda, Julie & the girls at Mesa Temple, May 2001_edited-1

{Ten years and sixty pounds ago…!}

And finally---a few years later--there are two more beautiful girls to call my own…Here we are with great-grandmother, Velda…the very last time we would ever see her.  Sure wish my mother was in this picture, as well…

Mothers….a new card made this morning for mine…I love her more than words can possibly express, so this will have to do…

DSC03068_edited-1

A beautiful new stamp set—“Love You, Mother”, from Crafty Secrets gave me the perfect images to help convey the joy of motherhood…

 Love You Mother  Clear Art Stamps picture

Isn’t it wonderful?!

DSC03060_edited-1

And this beautiful background paper will soon be available on a new CD from Crafty Secrets, “Vintage Paper Patterns”, chock-full of fabulous vintage paper prints for you to use in your crafting…

Thank-you, Mom…for everything…

I love you.

Julie