Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring has Sprung…

DSC01629_edited-1 {peeking through a knothole in our garden gate…}

…here in California, anyway!

Hope you’re all enjoying some lovely weather this weekend—it’s been so beautiful here, we did some kitchen garden planting today—so excited!

I thought I’d share a few images of our garden today…evidence of spring at hand…

DSC01627_edited-1 {the ever lovely “Evelyn” David Austin English rose…}

DSC01634_edited-1 {simply sweet forget-me-nots…}

DSC01602_edited-1 {heaven-scented star jasmine…}

All this beauty inspired the theme for my card-making this weekend…

DSC01655_edited-1 

One of my favorite springtime images from Crafty Secrets’ “Birds & Blossoms” Creative Scraps…love that sweetly crowned bluebird…

DSC01657_edited-1

…needed just a BIT more sparkle on that crown…!

DSC01651_edited-1

…double layers of pennants as a border, layered with a long script stamp, both stamps part of Crafty Secrets’ “Artsy Banners” stamp set…

DSC01642_edited-1

Just a bit of ribbon, lace, twine & a slightly pink-tinged mother-of-pearl button to top it all off…and touches of platinum Stickles, of course!

Let’s take another peek into the garden…

DSC01636_edited-1 {bright & cheerful nasturtiums…they always make me smile!}

DSC01601_edited-1 {aaaahhhh, lilacs…I just can’t breathe them in deeply enough…}

DSC01603_edited-1 {the pristine blossoms on my pluot tree…}

Another card…Love Lives Here

DSC01659_edited-1

…yes, it does.

DSC01661_edited-1

This beautiful image is found on Crafty Secrets’ new and oh, so lovely “Love Mail” Creative Scraps…the two nesting birdies, cut from another image on CS’ “Birds & Blossoms” Creative Scraps…popped-up here…

DSC01673_edited-1

…a few flowers punched out, sugar-covered with clear glass glitter, a VERY liberal spraying of “Pink Bubblegum” and “Creme de Cocoa” Glimmer Mist, then topped with tiny iridescent crystal rhinestones…{they look like sweet, miniature sugar cookies!}

DSC01685_edited-1

…plain background made beautiful using the script stamp from Crafty Secrets’ “Artsy Banners” stamp set (one of my very favorites!)

As I sit here writing, my kitchen window is open…a soft, afternoon breeze is blowing in the mingled scents of jasmine, rose and lilac…pure bliss!

DSC01606_edited-1 {the creamy yellow perfection of “Graham Thomas”, another English Rose…}

DSC01605_edited-1 {I will never cease to be amazed at the beauty of fig leaves…}

DSC01608_edited-1 {the heavily nodding boughs of intoxicating wisteria…}

Thanks for joining me in my garden today…I hope spring is springing for you too!

See you soon with something new…

Julie

LiveJournal Tags: ,,