Thursday, March 10, 2011

An Epiphany…

DSC01566_edited-1

Do you ever compare yourself to others?  We’re told not to, aren’t we…but I usually do! (Maybe you do, too?!)

DSC01569_edited-1

So many of you inspire me and touch my life on a daily basis…

The love, creativity and childlike excitement for everything of my Mother…{no blog…yet!}

Mom in doll shop 2010 2

The joy-filled, lovely, sweetly pastel-colored world of Koralee

The wisdom and beautifully-worded peacefulness of   Suzanne

The limitless vintage creativity and wonderful stories of  Elizabeth

The appreciation of the simple pleasures of home and the wonders of world travel of Tammy

The boundless creativity, fun and vivacity of Vivian

The gracefulness and love of nature and family of Julie Marie

The loving kindness and grace under oh, such trying times of  Suz

The sheer thrill of learning, creating and sharing of Charlene

Jenn's Parasol

The amazing creativity, generosity and vision of Vicki

The sweetness, creativity and putting-others-first of Cindy

The culinary genius, artistic talents, love and wonderfulness of Marie

The vastness of artistic ability in so many mediums of Lynn……..

{Thanks, ladies, for letting me use photos from your blogs!}

DSC01574_edited-1

I will never have all the gifts and talents that all of these women—and ALL THE REST OF YOU—have, but I’m realizing something…it’s okay.

 DSC01571_edited-1

There are never enough hours in a day, or years in a life to accomplish all the things I want to learn and do…and that’s okay, too.

DSC01573_edited-1 {Images: Crafty Secrets’ “Love Mail” Creative Scraps; scalloped edging and script: Crafty Secrets’ “Artsy Banners” stamp set}

Each one of us is unique and special in our own way.  We’ve been given gifts that no one else has…to be used in our very own way…

DSC01584_edited-1

As I was thinking about all this, the word epiphany kept popping into my head, so I looked up the definition, just to make sure I had it right…and it’s perfect…

Epiphany: “a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.”

Just seemed to fit, somehow…

DSC01583_edited-1

So I’ll take the inspiration, kindness, love, laughter that I’ve gained from you all…and add it to the things that already make me…me…and just try to be the very best ME that I can be.

DSC01596_edited-1

Thank-you to those that I’ve mentioned today for teaching me, inspiring me, helping me, lifting me, entertaining me each and every day…

DSC01595_edited-1

…and to those of you that I’ll mention by name on other days…thanks to you for all you do.  You’ll never know how you help me, make me smile, make me cry, make me think…make me happy to be part of this beautiful bloggy world we’ve come to love…

DSC01593_edited-1 {Main image & butterflies: Crafty Secrets’ “Love Mail” Creative Scraps}

These little cards are my thank-you’s to you all…

DSC01586_edited-1

Thank-you.

Julie