Friday, December 10, 2010

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

DSC06662_edited-1

Good morning, my friends!

A cold and gloomy day here on the California coast…about as close to winter as we get here!

The house is quiet…Christmas tree lights are glowing, carols in the air…a perfect day….

I have a couple of cards to share with you today…just a little bit of Christmas…

DSC06676_edited-1

First…a beautiful vintage image from Crafty Secrets’ “Christmas” Images & Journal Notes booklet…and of course, I just had to pop up the birdies…

 DSC06669_edited-1

…and the snowy bits on the image just really needed some additional “snow” courtesy of my new “Snow Writer” from Michaels (with some iridescent glitter added, of course!)

DSC06666_edited-1

…and it’s always a wonderful thing when you scuffle around in your vintage button bowl and find three of the same size, same color buttons in the perfect shade of red…

Next…

DSC06691_edited-1

…something more on the heavenly side…a beautiful Victorian angel, also from Crafty Secrets’ “Christmas” Images & Journal Notes booklet…

DSC06690_edited-1

…and once again, I was in a pop-it-up mood…I also added some Crackle Accents to the image to give it more of the look of an old painting…

I thought I’d share a couple of pictures of my three daughters from a Christmas Eve back in 1999…

Campbell Girls 1999_edited-1

I love these sweet images…

The Campbell Sisters 1999_edited-1

…and the best part?  They are still this cuddly and loving with each other, even though they’re now in college and high school…I’m so grateful.

And last, two vintage postcards to share with you…

hpqscan0001

…this one from 1933…

hpqscan0002_edited-1

…and this lovely Nativity from the late 1920’s…both so beautiful…

I hope your day is just wonderful, and that you’re enjoying every moment of preparing your homes and your hearts for this most special season.

See you soon with something new…

Julie

LiveJournal Tags: ,