Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Domestic Goddess...


Good afternoon, everyone!

Another day...my, how the week flies!

Just a couple of  quick things to share with you today...I've been having fun with some new products from Crafty Secrets...I'll have more to share later this week--so much fun!

I made another shadowbox card featuring the wonderful images from the newly revised "Domestic Goddess" Creative Scraps...here it is:


I can't tell you how much I love these shadowbox frames--Vicki Chrisman's amazing idea--thanks, Vicki!  These are available through Crafty Secrets...I just have so much fun putting them together!  Can't wait till Vicki's next big idea.....!


The revised Creative Scraps have images on the back now...Here's what they look like:


...more to choose from!


Some lace, aqua rick-rack trim, lots of silver glitter, some Dazzling Diamonds, and gorgeous red crystal rhinestones...


And some fun crystal cherry rhinestone charms...


Ooooooh....sparkly!

You all know by now that everything I make reminds me of something in my family's past...today is no exception, of course!  I couldn't get this image out of my mind today...


I realize this photo isn't taken in the kitchen....but just look at my Grandmother, Velda on the right...is she a domestic goddess, or what?!  A little family ice cream-making time on the back patio...

My grandfather was a fairly prominent banker in the Phoenix area in the '50's, and this photo was taken for a newspaper article on their family...you wondered why they were so perfectly posed, didn't you?!  That's my mother, Karen, on the left...don't you just love her dress?  (My Mom just added that she designed and made that dress she's wearing...yet another domestic goddess!)

My mom's brother and sister, Glenn and Judy, are also there...Judy was to die just a few years later at age 7 due to cancer...a sad but sweet story for another day...

Well, that's all I have for you today...off to my daughter's softball game and my youngest daughter's soccer practice...don't you just love the days when everything overlaps?  Wish I really was a domestic goddess and could be everywhere at once!  (And have dinner hot and ready when we get home!!!)

Have a wonderful night!