Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Beautiful Flower Crumbs...

Good afternoon, my friends!

Hope the week is off to a great start for you all!  It's been busy here, as usual--that's good, I guess!

Just a few things to share with you today...

I made a card yesterday with this adorable storybook image from Crafty Secrets' "Childhood" Images & Journal Notes booklet...


I love this style of illustration...looks like it's from the '20's...such a beautiful time for children's books illustrations!


And it's lovely little saying..."We could never have loved the earth so well if we had no childhood in it."

After I made this, the weather cleared, and I went outside to take some photos of my gorgeous, fat roses:



Aaaahhhhh......!


...aren't they just beautiful?!  We've had lots of wind and rain lately, and there were lots of soft, colorful petals in pools under the rose bushes...


...which reminded me...


...of my mother always telling me about a day when I came into the house with my hands filled with roses petals


...and said, "Oh, Mommy!  Look at all the beautiful flower crumbs!"  Of course I don't remember this, but she's told me so many times...Now, whenever I see those beautiful rose petals on the ground, or blossoms fallen from a tree, this is what I think of...

I was about three or so at the time, which made me think of these old pictures that I love...


Our little family, with my new brother Steven...isn't my mother gorgeous?


Me and my daddy...


Not sure why this one was framed like this, but I still love it...look at that funny little guy!


And my favorite...I call this one my "Sassy" pose!

Thanks for letting me share those--that's for you, Mom! 

I finished another little card this morning...more beautiful flowers with a sassy little girl...


This is a sweet little stamp set from Crafty Secrets called "Bouquets of Joy"...one of my very favorites...


I'm not the best at the watercoloring thing, but I loved doing it!  I just used watercolor crayons for this...then sparkled it up with Dazzling Diamonds...

I'm so glad I learned at an early age to appreciate the beauties of the earth...even the sweet little flower crumbs laying on the ground...thanks, Mom...


See you soon with something new....