Friday, March 19, 2010

Vintage Birthday Wishes

Good afternoon, everyone!

Hope you're enjoying a beautiful Friday!  It's sunny and gorgeous here in California today--Spring is here!

Lots to do today, so I just have a couple of cards to share with you.  I needed to get some birthday cards done, so here they are...

This first one also fits this week's Crafty Secrets' challenge over at Splitcoast, hosted by Pammyjo.  The challenge is stamping on ribbon...


This sweet girlie image is from Crafty Secrets' new "Altered Fairy" Creative Scraps--I love these!  Vicki Chrisman gave me a bunch of these cute diecut cards when we were at CHA--thanks, Vicki! 


The birthday stamp is from Crafty Secrets' "Mouse Party" set, and the other words are just something I typed up and printed out...looked like the little girl on the right was telling her friend something VERY shocking!

Twill ribbon (SU), Martha Stewart's "White Gold" glitter, Silver Stickles, buttercup yellow crocheted lace...that's about it!

Here's my second birthday card...


I love this soft, sweet image from Crafty Secrets' new "Wacky Animals" Creative Scraps...it reminds me of my favorite illustrations from old picture books--love this style! The word scraps on the book are from the "Altered Fairy" scrap sheet.

Some pretty blue crocheted lace, ribbon, and more silver glitter and Stickles--sometimes when it's already surrounding you on the table, you just keep using it, you know?!


...also touched the little flowers around the main image with Dazzling Diamonds for a bit of sparkle...that about wraps it up!

That's it for me today...off to do some "real" work!  Hope your weekend is wonderful...and make something beautiful today!  See you soon with something new...