Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easter in Lavender and Green--The Play Date Cafe' #20



Good evening,  everyone!

What a busy week it's been!  Can't believe I haven't posted since Sunday!  I think we're all busy right now, aren't we?!

Well, it's  time for another Play Date Cafe' Challenge--and this will be my last one as a Design Team member...time for other girls to have all the fun!  I'm also the host for the week, and here are the colors for this weeks challenge:



Lavender, Pea Green, and White...aren't they beautiful together?
Here's what Julie Ranae--the queen of the Play Date Cafe' had to say about this week's blog hop:

'As the Play Date Cafe begins a new season of designers, we also say goodbye to Julie Campbell, who has been on the design team for the past 4 months.To welcome in the new design team, we are having a BLOG HOP!

To see what you can win and to get started from the beginning, you need to start from The Cafe.

If you came here from The Play Date Cafe' blog, you are in the right place.

Here are THREE ways to give you the best chance to win:

1. You must stop at each designer's blog and leave a comment.

There are ONLY 9 total and all you have to do is click on the name!

2. Become a follower of The Play Date Cafe...easy-peasy!

3. Play along with this week's color challenge

All the details on how to play are on the sidebar in The Cafe.

The winner will be chosen by random.org'

Here's the Blog Hop order:

The Play Date Cafe Blog
to
Julie Campbell
to
Lisa Somerville http://www.lisasomerville.com/ ...Lisa will tell you where to go from there!

So there you go...PRIZES and everything!


Here's my card for the challenge:


I found this sweet image online, courtesy of Sugar Moon (my opening image, as well)--love this vintage chick pulling an egg cart full of lovely lilacs...I kept this pretty simple...some pretty printed paper from K & Co. "Charlotte" stack, lace, ribbon, buttons, Dazzling Diamonds, and of course, lots of silvery glitter!



Here's a little close-up shot....

Had fun with this, as well as with all of the Play Date Cafe' challenges!  Thank-you, ladies, for the friendship and all the fun and creativity!


Since I'm a Vintage Chic, and just made a vintage chick card, I thought I'd share a few more vintage chicks with you...



...here's a beautiful postcard I purchased at an antiques' shop a few years ago...love these sweet chickies dancing around the Easter Egg tree!  I really enjoy the metallic gold backgrounds on some of these postcards.  This one dates from 1910...such a beautiful time for postcards, I think... Hope you can do something pretty with it!

And now some little sweeties from 1997...my own three little chickies during an Easter party at our Uncle and Aunt's home in Southern California...Oh, man!  I can't believe how time flies!




Chelsea, Sarah and baby Annie posing before changing their clothes and hustling around the little farm in search of eggs...


...such loving girls...and the best part?  They still are! 

Thanks for sharing some early Easter fun with me tonight!  I'll be back very soon with something new...

Sweet dreams!