Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's All Fun & Games Until the Queen Arrives!

Good morning! 

Oh, my!  It's raining & blowing so hard here in California today!  I love the sound on my windows and roof...when I can stay cozily home by the fire...NOT when I have to drive around in it, though!  Oh, well!  We do need the rain...

I'm trying to get ready to leave for CHA early tomorrow morning--can't believe it's finally time!  I just have a couple of cards to share with you today that I made to bring with me as samples of new Crafty Secrets' stamp sets.  These will be available at CHA and can be ordered afterwards--you will love them all!

Here's my first...from the new "Greetings from Wonderland" set--



...just look at all the fabulous detail on the Queen! 



Being the Queen of Hearts, she need a red heart doily background of course...I used one of my favorite retired SU! sets of designer paper on this one--love all the royal red!



The Queen also demanded plenty of my favorite real silver shavings glitter--nothing but the best for her!   Some lace, ribbon and a few lovely red crystal rhinestones to finish it off, and that's it!

Next, one of my new favorites sets!  I've always loved mermaids, and never have found a stamp set that I love enough to get...this one is just perfect in every way!  Sandy will be posting images of these new sets tonight on the Crafty Secrets' blog, so check over there later on to see the whole set.  All these vintage mermaid images are sheer perfection in my eyes!

Here's one of the lovely water ladies...this is such an elegant image...





...I didn't want to add too much and take away from the beautiful lines on the image, so I didn't !  Very simple, but some Pearl Stickles were required!



Love this beautiful lace I had on hand from my Mom's stash--she was so generous to share with me last summer--thanks, Mom!



Lots of layers on this one, but not a lot of fuss. 

Keep checking the Crafty Secrets' blog for more new stamp sets--so many are being released this week--it's a vintage girl's dream!  You can also leave comments to be entered to win these new sets--so go visit & give it a go!

Off to take the girls to school and get busy...think I will have to get a little inky today, though...can't be all work now, can I?

 I won't be posting again till after CHA--I'll miss you, but I'll be back with lots of photos & stories for you--see you then!

Have a wonderful day today, whatever the weather!

31 comments:

  1. First of all: Fantastic cards!
    Then: Have a wonderful time at CHA! Wish it was me! Looking forward to the photos:)

    Hugs Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the Greetings from Wonderland! I am hosting a Alice in Wonderland swap on SCS and this will be PERFECT!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Julie, Love them both but especially the Queen of Herts, You've given me inspiration for a birthday card I've been struggling with -thank you.
    Have a great time at CHA you lucky girl - wish I was going!
    Hugs, Anne x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops , meant Queen of Hearts! Been a long day! LOL! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh totally love both! The Queen of hearts is wonderful. Have fun at the CHA. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and we will miss you too, sweet Julie. Do hope you have a marvelous time at CHA. LOVE, love, love the queen card. The red, black and white colour scheme is fabulous and so suits the stamp. Bravo! Looking forward to hearing of your adventures when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Julie, have a great time at CHA!! I will miss you, but can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. IJUST ADORE YOUR NEWEST CARDS!!! I love anything Alice and Wonderland and this is fabulous. Just perfect! I also love the water lady, so reminiscent to me of the Arthurian tales!! I love the colours and simplicity of it, and yet it is intriguing! You are such a talented lady. Love and hugs, happy journies and safe return!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The voice of the sea speaks to the soul"
    Never heard this before; it's beautiful.
    Have a good time; enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are absolutely beautiful. The saying, "The voice of the sea speaks to the souls" is stunning! I'm going to write that down...so beautiful...thanks for sharing! Hugs, Coralie

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO creative,fun and lovely card!!!-)

    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie,
    Have fun our your trip and be safe!! The new cards are so lovely! AS USUAL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your cards on Sandy's blog too, and they are just fabulous! I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on these two sets in particular. Have a wonderful time at CHA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW .. these are AWESOME!!!! Love what you've done with these new images! Have a G-R-E-A-T time at CHA ... I will be thinking about you and sending your positive vibes!! You'll be GREAT! HUGS to you my friend ... Enjoy!!! I can't wait to hear ALL ABOUT IT!!! (that's going to be a very long phone call, teehee)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a RIDICULOUSLY good time at CHA...it's a great experience. Crafty Secrets are lucky to have you and The Play Date Cafe will be missing you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific creations. Love especially the first card ... by using the red the image really pops out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun at the Crafty Secrets booth, I know you'll go down a a storm with the crowds! Your samples are wonderful - love that Alice queen and the mermaid is beautiful, the lace is perfect as sea foam!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This queen card is my absolute favorite of all of your cards!!!! Have fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have fun at CHA and bring back lots of photos. I love your cards. They're wonderful. It's been raining like crazy here too. We even had some snow yesterday.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw these over at the Crafty Secret blog...they are stunning. I will be at CHA on Friday...I will look for you. Be safe in this rainy, rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You know Crafty Secrets is my favorite! I am looking forward to getting the Wonderland set. Have a blast at CHA! Wish we were going to be there! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't even think of adequate words to describe your gorgeous cards--wonderful, beautiful, stunning, etc., don't even seem to do them justice. So, I'll say they are, quite simply, amazing-and you are incredibly gifted! Have lots of fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous stuff Julie, knock em dead at CHA..you guys will ROCK the house!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going through your gallery at Splitcoast S ,one card by one card! I'm so fired up! Of course
    I need about $200 worth of new fun stuff,but I'll
    try to manage ! Can't wait to hear about CHA and start to order those new Crafty Secrets stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The voice of the sea always seeks to my soul. I love your cards! I know I always say that but it's true. You put so much love and creativity into each one you make. The Queen is a riot! Love that one, too.
    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Queen card is to die for. I love it, so beautiful. One of my favorites, since I have been following you. Have a wonderful time!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is that your "Skeleton BOO" card I saw in my issue of Stamp It? I looked back in older posts and I don't see a shout out for you. SHOUT it out dear girl! You are famous! Congratulations it's a really sweet card. Take Care, ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  27. Julie, Your work is so beautifully inspiring. It makes me want to throw "cute" out with the bath water. All the detail you put into your creations make them so very special. I just love your Alice Queen. I have never heard of real silver glitter - it's so wonderful! I hope you enjoyed your outing and the rain. Also so much fun to visit here! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hoe gorgeous is your sea creation!!!!!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  29. You sea creations are just spectacular! I love the blue in them! I gave you a Kreativ BLogger award on my blog, Julie, because you, my friend, are exactly that!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thank you for sharing about the mermaid stamps. I am rushing right over there. Your cards are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete