Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Play Date Cafe' Challenge #9...Heavenly Angels


Good evening, all!  It's time once again for a new challenge from The Play Date Cafe'!  Hope you're getting all your preparations done for Christmas and can take some time to play with us this week!  (a little creative time is good for the sanity!)

Here are the colors for this week's challenge:



I'm hosting this week's challenge and was able to choose the colors--always so fun to do! Since this challenge would be taking us right up to Christmas Eve, I wanted to choose colors that would be Christmas-like, but that were colors that we hadn't used for a while.

I decided on blue, gold and cream--more of a heavenly/angelic Christmas color scheme!  Since it reminded me of angels, that's just what I used for my inspiration!



The image I used for my card came from Crafty Secrets' "Christmas" Vintage Postcard Kit...love these angelic beauties!



I surrounded the image with gold German glass glitter--really sparkles!  I covered the bottom, cloudy part of the image with gorgeous mica flakes--wish their beauty showed up better in this photo--oh, well!   

I found the textured gold metallic paper at Michaels' a couple of years ago, but don't know who made it--can't find it anymore...a little lace and some beautiful vintage-looking metallic trim, and that's about it!

Hope you enjoy using these beautiful colors in your creations this week...and...

                              Merry Christmas!!!