Saturday, October 24, 2009

New Color Challenge--Play Date Cafe'!

Just a quick post today--one card and that's it! I'm in the middle of one of those Saturdays--almost non-stop activities planned--fun, but tiring!

There's a new challenge group I'm participating in that was started by the fabulously creative Julie at Julie's Open Window--come check out her wonderful site and join all the ladies that are participating--it's just starting this week and will be so much fun--come on & jump in here at the beginning! There's been such a response that Julie started a site just for the challenge, which you can find here: The Play Date Cafe'--see you over there!
Here's my take on the challenge:


I love this image from Crafty Secrets' "Halloween" Images & Journal Notes booklet--just says 'witch family reunion' or something to me! This was my interpretation of the challenge colors; I used Basic Black, Basic Gray, PTI Vintage Cream (not one of the challenge colors, but it needed it!), Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Added some lace, grosgrain & gingham ribbon, some beautiful Making Memories glittered leaves, gold cord, brass broom charm, and gold glass glitter.

For the tags, I used stamps from two Crafty Secrets sets; "Sexy Little Number" and the small stamp set included in the "Halloween" Vintage Postcard Kit.

Hope you like it! I really had fun doing it--thanks, Julie for a fun challenge! I look forward to many, many more!