Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birds, Bees...and More Babies!

Good afternoon! Hope you've all had a wonderful day so far! Just picked up daughter #3 from school and thought I'd do a quick post before soccer, daughter #2 pick-up, etc.!

All I have today are a couple of projects I've been working on--both soft, sweet Springtime colors, for some odd reason, but they were appealing to me, so.....!

First off--a birthday crown--I won't say for whom, as they do look at my blog, so it will have to be a secret...shhhhh!



Over-the-top, garish, opulent, you say? Yes, please!


I put lots of real silver shavings glitter on it, which will gradually tarnish over time, giving it a more vintage look....I like that!


My little pie birdie just jumped into the picture...

The main bird image is from Crafty Secrets new "Birds & Blossoms" Creative Scraps--fabulous images! The sentiments are from two of CS's stamp sets: "Bird Lovers" and "Bird Notes". The patterned paper is from CS' Pastel paper pack, as is the music patterned paper, but I can't remember which pad it comes from--sorry! A little Glossy Accents on the top medallion (from "Bird Notes"), big, chunky crystals, a little silver cord, and that's it!


Now for the bees....well, I don't actually have a bee project--yet! But, I wanted to show you something I'm very excited about--just ordered from Cornish Heritage Farms the other day, and am expecting a couple of new fabulous stamp sets--I'll show you one of them later. For today, though, take a peek at this little beauty:



My head is just "buzzing" with ideas for this set! Can't wait to get it all inky! I'll have something to show you next week...

Now, for the babies--just follows naturally, right? I've had babies on the brain since my nephew's birth the other day, so I fixed up this sweet little image from Crafty Secrets' new "Baby Girl" Vintage Postcard Kit.



All these images are just so adorable! All I did here was add a little Dazzling Diamonds with my glue pen, some sweet little baby beads, a few pink crystal rhinestones, and a little pink ribbon--done!

I used the stamp set that comes with it to finish off the back--vintage postcard style!




I have a couple of pictures of my new nephew--being a proud auntie, I just had to force them upon you--thanks for bearing with me!

How's that for a sweet little face? Just a few minutes after he was born--pretty alert little guy!

I really love this picture--very tender. My sister had to have a C-Section after hours of labor--nothing much was happening, and they decided to go that route, which turned out to be a very good thing--won't go into details! She was very brave and calm through the whole thing, and this is just a minute or so after he was born--her husband, Eddie was holding little Connor close to her face, and you can just see a little tear in the corner of her eye--and what a sweet new mama smile--at last! it seems to say...peace...


Now, to close up for the day...I've also been thinking alot about MY babies--where does the time go??? Seems like just yesterday, I was scurrying around at this time of year, trying to put together the costume for the amazing thing they wanted to "be"! Here's my baby #1; a college-girl now, far away from her mommy, when she was three years old:

My sweet little Chelsea in the pumpkin patch--I love this picture so much!

That same year all dressed up for Halloween--she was NOT a witch, she was a "magical magician"! I miss you, Chelsea!

A few years later, and we had three little babies at Halloween time:


Chelsea, this time she WAS a witch! getting ready for the costume parade at John E. Steinbeck Elementary School (our hometown's favorite son!)



My two little sweeties, Sarah, the scary witchie, and Annie the tiny pumpkin head--she was just 2 months old...wow! Now, these are my 8th and 9th graders--yikes!


Thanks for indulging me in my memories...pull out YOUR scrapbooks and remember Halloweens past--it's just a LITTLE scary!

11 comments:

  1. Well...don't these photos JUST tell the whole story...how lovely...truly lovely!

    Your creations this time around left me speechless...except for the word, beautiful.

    Thanks for coming by The Open Window and supporting The Play Date Cafe Challenge...I know our design team truly appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a picture of the birthday girl in her crown! I mean it! You must share-tell her I said so, and that I'm very demanding and impossible to deal with when I don't get my way!! Love seeing the pictures of your sweet girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are knocking me out with these Crafty Secrets projects, they're wonderful!

    congrats on your new nephew. I love those newborn days.

    and your girls - too cute!

    oh, and have fun with the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another uber-awesome posting! I just LOVE what you are doing here! Your crown project is awesome ... someone is going to be VERY happy!! Baby Connor is adorable and yes, that is a very special photo with baby & Mama! And look at your babies ... how adorable all these photos are!! I still can't get over Sarah's hair ... the color is just gorgeous (handed down from the family, I assume??). Awesome posting my friend ... keep up the wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the birdie crown, Julie, and you always do stunning work with the vintage postcard kits! Darling photos of your girls and Connor. I'm trying to remember to stay in the moment these days with my little ones. Time certainly does fly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - LOVE your beautiful vintage style! Your blog is a treat to read.... vintage goodness, recipes, photos.. all eye candy. Thanks for your visit and kind words about my blog - I have become a follower of yours. Have fun with your new stamps AND with your new nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, thank you for stopping by to see my cut cyrstal. And you are such a lucky girl to live so close to Carmel. I have fallen in love with California since my two visits there this past year. I keep trying to talk hubby into us getting an RV & spending summers out there(or at least part of the summer). We love the coast so much.

    Your BDay crown is adorable! Hope the new owner is smitten with it. And I so love the baby card. The back finishing was perfect. Your Halloween memories were sweet too. They do grow up so fast. Spoil that new nephew...the photo was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A birthday crown - that's a new one for me. But I'm all for being "queen for the day" on your birthday! Great kiddo pictures!! And now I'm off to get the BEE set...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects Julie, love that crown and your family album has some adorable pics! Just look at that little pumpkin head! Tea roses - ummm, "general craft supplies", my local shop sells them and they have no packaging or branding so I can't point you at anything useful, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Just checking to see if your package arrived?

    ReplyDelete