Thursday, October 22, 2009

Birds, Bees...and More Babies!

Good afternoon! Hope you've all had a wonderful day so far! Just picked up daughter #3 from school and thought I'd do a quick post before soccer, daughter #2 pick-up, etc.!

All I have today are a couple of projects I've been working on--both soft, sweet Springtime colors, for some odd reason, but they were appealing to me, so.....!

First off--a birthday crown--I won't say for whom, as they do look at my blog, so it will have to be a secret...shhhhh!



Over-the-top, garish, opulent, you say? Yes, please!


I put lots of real silver shavings glitter on it, which will gradually tarnish over time, giving it a more vintage look....I like that!


My little pie birdie just jumped into the picture...

The main bird image is from Crafty Secrets new "Birds & Blossoms" Creative Scraps--fabulous images! The sentiments are from two of CS's stamp sets: "Bird Lovers" and "Bird Notes". The patterned paper is from CS' Pastel paper pack, as is the music patterned paper, but I can't remember which pad it comes from--sorry! A little Glossy Accents on the top medallion (from "Bird Notes"), big, chunky crystals, a little silver cord, and that's it!


Now for the bees....well, I don't actually have a bee project--yet! But, I wanted to show you something I'm very excited about--just ordered from Cornish Heritage Farms the other day, and am expecting a couple of new fabulous stamp sets--I'll show you one of them later. For today, though, take a peek at this little beauty:



My head is just "buzzing" with ideas for this set! Can't wait to get it all inky! I'll have something to show you next week...

Now, for the babies--just follows naturally, right? I've had babies on the brain since my nephew's birth the other day, so I fixed up this sweet little image from Crafty Secrets' new "Baby Girl" Vintage Postcard Kit.



All these images are just so adorable! All I did here was add a little Dazzling Diamonds with my glue pen, some sweet little baby beads, a few pink crystal rhinestones, and a little pink ribbon--done!

I used the stamp set that comes with it to finish off the back--vintage postcard style!




I have a couple of pictures of my new nephew--being a proud auntie, I just had to force them upon you--thanks for bearing with me!

How's that for a sweet little face? Just a few minutes after he was born--pretty alert little guy!

I really love this picture--very tender. My sister had to have a C-Section after hours of labor--nothing much was happening, and they decided to go that route, which turned out to be a very good thing--won't go into details! She was very brave and calm through the whole thing, and this is just a minute or so after he was born--her husband, Eddie was holding little Connor close to her face, and you can just see a little tear in the corner of her eye--and what a sweet new mama smile--at last! it seems to say...peace...


Now, to close up for the day...I've also been thinking alot about MY babies--where does the time go??? Seems like just yesterday, I was scurrying around at this time of year, trying to put together the costume for the amazing thing they wanted to "be"! Here's my baby #1; a college-girl now, far away from her mommy, when she was three years old:

My sweet little Chelsea in the pumpkin patch--I love this picture so much!

That same year all dressed up for Halloween--she was NOT a witch, she was a "magical magician"! I miss you, Chelsea!

A few years later, and we had three little babies at Halloween time:


Chelsea, this time she WAS a witch! getting ready for the costume parade at John E. Steinbeck Elementary School (our hometown's favorite son!)



My two little sweeties, Sarah, the scary witchie, and Annie the tiny pumpkin head--she was just 2 months old...wow! Now, these are my 8th and 9th graders--yikes!


Thanks for indulging me in my memories...pull out YOUR scrapbooks and remember Halloweens past--it's just a LITTLE scary!