Thursday, October 1, 2009

HAPPY OCTOBER!



Happy October 1st! I just love October--feels like fall's really here now! Here's a little shot of some of my Halloween decor--love all these pumpkin people!

So being the mish-mash kind of girl that I am, today I give you pumpkins and Christmas cards--makes sense, right?




(If you click on the photo, you can see the details much more clearly--just don't look at all the defects, please!)

This one feels very Victorian to me--all the gold & tinsel. The image is from Crafty Secrets' "Seasonal" booklet. (I'm waiting for the "Christmas" Images & Journal Notes to get here in the mail--can't wait!)

The stamp set used here is also Crafty Secrets--"Vintage Christmas"...its' one of the large sets, and has SO many wonderful images!

The paper is from a new Graphic45 paper collection called "Christmas Past"--beautiful stuff! Also used PTI Vintage Cream, Not Quite Navy & More Mustard--don't think I've ever used those two for a Christmas card before....!

Vintage Photo & Bravo Burgundy for the inks, some lace, PTI Scarlet Jewel grosgrain, and lots of gold trim--if you want details, let me know!

And this one is Joanne's fault...not the fabric/craft store, but "Angelnorth" Joanne that I know through Splitcoast. She does design work for Cornish Heritage Farms, and had made a card using their "Night Before Christmas" set, and I just fell in love with it, and ordered it right then! (I'm a bit impulsive, sometimes....) Anyway, thanks, Joanne!



Again I used the Graphic45 Christmas paper, Garden Green, Real Red, Naturals Vanilla. The ink used was Peeled Paint & Vintage Photo.

I love the image of the kids "asleep" in their beds--it's hard to see here, but their eyes are all open--I did color their cheeks, but that's not showing up really well, either! (I need a better camera, Santa!)

Well, that's it for today--hope you're all having a wonderful one! Thanks for visiting me!