Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wonderful Childhood

I hope you have wonderful memories of your childhood like I do...


(Yep--this is my own sassy self when I was three years old...)

We've tried to provide our daughters with a good childhood, and I think we've succeeded, for the most part, which makes me happy.

I remember being in college, stressed out from finals, papers, etc., and wishing I could just be a kid again, in my parents' house, in my old bed, without a care in the world...Dad and Mom would take care of everything. Have you ever felt that way?

My reminiscing this week has produced two projects...one, a card that I really like--loved the image (from the Crafty Secrets' "Childhood" Images & Journal Notes) the moment I saw it, many months ago, and wondered what I'd do with it. I love the saying on the image:

"We could never have loved the earth so well if we had no childhood in it."--George Eliot



The other is something I had in mind to do with the "Storytime" Vintage Postcard Kit. I just LOVE these kits--so many things you can do with them!

I have a vinyl cutter, and sometimes have a bit of a "business" with that when people want things for their walls. It's nice to have, as I can decorate my house with vinyl words and change them up whenever I want to! I saw this little plaque in my mind with a vintage font for the word "Storytime". (I collect fonts by the way--I LOVE them--especially beautiful vintage-style fonts!)

Anyway, this is what I came up with for the postcards, and I like the way it turned out. Love the vintage pink pompom trim and the yummy chocolate chip satin ribbon--two of my favorite colors together.






I have always collected vintage children's books with beautiful vintage images in them--especially from the Art Deco/Craftsman period. I love that time and style. I love all things Victorian, too, of course! The images from the "Storybook" kit remind me of all that I enjoy from those books.


I hope you're all having a beautiful Sunday with your families...I'll be back tomorrow with something new...see you then!