Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Beautiful Sunset, a Little Laughter, and a Color Challenge...

What a beautiful sunset I saw tonight! Don't think I caught the colors as vibrantly as they really were, but here's as good as I've got!



Such beautiful colors streaking across the sky like someone took a giant paintbrush to it...


I'm grateful for moments like these--taking time out of a busy day to savor the beauty of nature and be thankful for it!

Just a short post tonight--got dinner going on the stove...a late dinner for us tonight--had soccer practice and a high school field hockey game against Monterey High School. My daughter Sarah scored the only point in the game! Well done, Sarah!

I've got two cards for you tonight. The first is for the Crafty Secrets challenge hosted by Marcy this week--to make a laugh/smile inducing card--not too hard to do!


This fun little image is from Crafty Secrets' "Storytime" Vintage Postcard Kit. Not hard to see why I chose it for the challenge, is it? I found a fun quote online by Woody Allen & printed it out on cardstock: "I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose." I thought that was apropos and would hopefully produce a giggle or two!


My next card is for the Color Challenge on Splitcoast today--to use Basic Black, Kraft and Cameo Coral--seems like the coral has been chosen a lot lately! After I took these pictures, I added some glitter dots to the black in the center, but the light wasn't very good at that point...so just imagine some silvery glitter dots surrounding the image!

This sweet image is from Crafty Secrets' "Girlfriends" Creative Scraps. She's just so cute & sassy!

Well, that's all for tonight...tomorrow, though, I've got lots for you! Some projects I've been working on, and some yummy Halloween treats for you to try--just wish you could taste them! Hope you have a wonderful evening--see you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! Beautiful sunset photos! I love catching sunsets like that. Your challenge creations are both wonderful! Loved the Woody Allen quote you added too! Lovely work! I enjoyed viewing your special blog & art! Thanks so much for coming to visit!

    Hugs,
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really difficult to capture a sunset perfectly, but you've done a fantastic job Julie! Beautiful pictures. You are so lucky to live in Utah. I would love to live there. I love your cards! Sooo wonderful! It was the Christmas Crafty Secrets Vintage set that you used on the wreath the other day that I bought. I can't wait for it to arrive!! I will have my own rubber stamp coming out soon on Toodles and Binks. I can't wait for that either! It's all very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two more great cards, you do lovely things with those printed images! Great sunset too, I think it's the time of year for them so maybe you'll catch some more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deeply lovely sunset shots...I always adore it when the sun caps off the day with a jolt of pink swirled across a darkening sky.

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment! I hope you have a marvelous Wednesday!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunset photos! Love your blog! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! xo, connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! I love the glitter edges you add. Bling is always good!! :D Can't wait to see your Halloween goodies.

    ReplyDelete