Thursday, September 17, 2009

When Holidays Collide.....

I guess I've just been in a holiday mood this week--DIFFERENT holidays! I made two cards so far this week--Christmas & Halloween. This is my first Christmas project of the year, and I had soooo much fun with it! Used 2 new products I picked up this week--"The Essential Glue Pad" and DecoArt "Snow-Tex"--both were fabulous!!!

The Essential Glue Pad allows you to stamp your image WITH the glue and then apply fine glitter, mica, flocking, etc., WITHOUT using a heat tool--is that cool or what?

The Snow-Tex is white TEXTURED paint--very thick, which you can (and I did) thin with a little water. You then just use a paintbrush and apply. I put a little in a bowl and added a bit of glitter, of course! This stuff is so great! I'll be using it quite a lot, I can tell!

If you click on the photo of my Christmas card, you can see the texture of the paint a bit better...

So here are my cards--both use Crafty Secrets products...the Christmas card uses the "Vintage Christmas" stamp set, and the Halloween card uses the "Halloween" stamp set. I love paper piecing to get a greater depth of color and I love raising bits of the image, so that's what I do...










Doing these two different holiday cards this week reminded me of a couple of pictures I took at my Mom's house a couple of weeks ago. Down in her craft/workroom, she also keeps her holiday decorations. She has bins FULL of holiday stuff just waiting to be displayed all over her house--she's a wonderful decorator! On top of the shelves, are the un-boxed holiday items, just all sitting together in a big holiday mish-mash:






That's all for today--just getting excited about the upcoming holiday season--obviously! This is the time of year I just start to feel alive--fall is magical, and that's how it's always felt to me--enjoy!