Friday, July 26, 2013

A Mother’s Heart

DSC03886_edited-1

My mother has—and always has had, I believe—a beautiful heart.  Full of love for those who’ve gone before her, overflowing with love for her children, and infinite amounts of love and concern for her grandchildren, and those yet to come…

 

dolly_edited-1

She is filled with childlike joy for all beautiful things.  She creates like you wouldn’t believe.  The heart of an artist.  That’s my mother.

DSC03901_edited-1

Her heart has been  filled with love for nursery rhymes & fairy tales from the time she was a little girl, and she filled me with the same.  I can still, in my mind, hear her reading or reciting them to me when I was young. 

Nowadays, we share with each other new, beautiful fairy tale books found.  A bit of an obsession for us  both… 

DSC03889_edited-1

Always filled with concern, love and worry, is my mother’s heart.  “How’s so-and so doing with this and that?”, she’ll always ask…nothing to big or too little for her heart to hold.

But sometimes, even a mother’s heart needs help.

My mother’s did.

DSC03892_edited-1

The last two weeks of my visit with my mother was filled with MY heart’s worry over hers.  But thanks to the skill and care of  amazing surgeons who’ve dedicated their lives to healing hearts…

DSC03904_edited-1

my heart is now much lighter, knowing hers is safe and happy once again…

Julie

11 comments:

  1. You mommy sounds so perfect! And I am sure glad that she is on the mend! My Mom moved to Oregon this year so I miss just hanging out with her... I'm going to have to plan a visit for sure! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, your mother sounds like such a lovely person. I'm sorry she's had a rough time lately. I will add her to my prayers today. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, what a beautiful tribute to your mother. As you sing her praises it is obvious she passed them onto you. Love to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful! I'm so glad your mother is OK now. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to read your lovely tribute to her.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so beautiful! I'm so glad your mother is OK now and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to read your lovely tribute to her.

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly wonderful news! God bless you and your sweet Mother! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie,
    Still just reading on Blogland. These are wonderful and your lettering...wow! I love what you do! All of it. This one about your mother made me cry! I lost mine when I was eighteen. Oh, how I miss her!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful tribute, Julie. I have enjoyed your posts about your mother...and grandmothers as well. You come from a wonderful family and I really admire you. I am contemplating creating a Christmas vignette with the little hedgehog dolls your mother made...they have become some of my most beloved treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Julie, I'm so sorry you've been dealing with your mama. Dealing isn't a nice word, but I hope you understand what I mean. I'm sending my prayers and healing thoughts to both of you so that you may have the opportunity for many more pages about your mom.

    God Bless,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, love your blog and style of writing. New follower here, hope you'll follow back :)
    Have a great weekend!
    http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. always enjoy your cards expressing your memories and sentiments. This one is particular struck a chord because it so closely described my mother and my feelings towards her. You do such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete