Sunday, February 26, 2012

Through a Distant Window…

DSC08093_edited-1 {on both these pieces, I used lace and seam binding at the top to represent the windows I was imagining…}

Hello, my friends!

Just a quick post today…the beginning of another busy, wonderful weekend…

…a couple of projects just for fun.  Both simple, both without a lot of extra adornment…I wanted to let the photos and beautiful vintage paper prints do the talking…

DSC08088_edited-1 {beautiful vintage prints found on Crafty Secrets’ “Creating with Vintage Illustrations” CD used on both pieces}

As I worked on these, I kept thinking how like looking through a window to the past they were…two unknown women, one an elegant flapper…

DSC08082_edited-1 {both vintage photos found on Pinterest}

…one a lovely maid…

DSC08095_edited-1

…both in the middle of their  busy lives…we’re just catching a brief moment of them…

DSC08098_edited-1 {close-up of one of the Crafty Secrets’ prints…such lovely detail on these!}

As I finished the pieces, I realized how much they were reminding me of my favorite of all favorite shows right now… “Downton Abbey”…have you been as swept up in it all as I have?!?

Downton Abbey. Brought to the US by PBS Masterpiece Theater.

Elegant ladies (one a bit of a flapper!) and lovely, busy maids {and plenty of handsome men!}…all going about their lives, and we get to catch a brief bit of them each Sunday night…

…and I’m absolutely smitten with them all. 

DSC08083_edited-1 {can you believe this beautiful pearl brooch is just an image from the CD?!}

See you soon with something new…

Julie