Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hoppin’ Down the Bunny Trail…

Hello, dear friends!

With thoughts of Easter hopping through my head yesterday, I thought I’d make a little memory layout for my sweet mother…

DSC02110_edited-1 {Easter bunny images from Crafty Secrets’ “Easter” Creative Scraps}

You know, as I look through photos of my mother when she was a girl, there’s hardly a photo of her without something in her hands…a doll (most of the time!), a ball…or a bunny…

Oswald the Rabbit, in this case…

Karen Ann Ostlund, about 1943

An adorable Easter time portrait taken in their home, about 1943. 

The piano bench my mother’s sitting on is the same one I sat on to practice almost every day of my growing up years…and the same one my daughters sit on to this day…wonder who in my family will be sitting on it 100 years from now…?

DSC02118_edited-1 {sweet little bunny from Crafty Secrets’ “Easter” Creative Scraps}

I’ve always loved this next photo…taken at Knott’s Berry Farm in Southern California about 1942…

hpqscan0001_edited-1

My three-year-old mother, holding a new stuffed bunny…and her mother’s hand.  Her father right behind her, and her grandfather to his right.

DSC02129_edited-1 {Soft, lovely vintage millinery flowers available from Vintage Street Market, and luscious seam binding in a big, loopy bow…tinted with three yellow & golden shades of Glimmer Mist}

Here’s me…holding a bunny, of course! Reminds me…my Dad’s always called me “Bunny Rab”…still does.

Julie with bunny portrait large {me…about 1964}

This poor portrait.  It’s the only one there is, and it’s quite large.  It was rolled up for years before I got it, and I had to take it out of the frame to photograph it.  I’m obviously no good at editing out the creases—anyone got any tips?

And now for the sweetest bunnies of all…

The Campbell Girls Mar. 29, 1997_edited-1

My three little bunnies at a beautiful Easter garden party at our Aunt & Uncle’s house in 1997…ah, memories…

So glad you could join me on the Bunny Trail today…hope you’ve got some happy Easter memories hopping around in your head, too…

See you soon with something new.

Julie

{Vintage card images found online}