Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sweet Little Boy

DSC01125_edited-1

Hello, my friends!

Another beautiful day…all except for my little trip to the dentist this morning…oh, well!

Just a quick post today…I wanted to share a companion card to the one I showed you in my last post…another new set from Crafty Secrets, and it will be available tomorrow!

Isn’t it adorable?!  Here’s the card I came up with:

DSC01129_edited-1

Just a simple one…no lace or ribbons…and just a touch of sparkle—can’t quite seem to stay away from it!

DSC01123_edited-1

Another paper-pieced image—I just love “coloring” my stamped images this way.  Just stamp the image on all the colors of cardstock you want to use, cut them out with wonderfully sharp little scissors, then put them all together—a bit like a puzzle!

 DSC01121_edited-1

A popped-up kite complete with string tied around the bobbin…

DSC01125_edited-1

I had so much fun with this one!

One of my favorite things about working with vintage stamps and printed images is the way they usually remind me of old family photos…makes crafting such a fun experience for me…

Here are a few sweet little vintage boys to introduce you to…

The Smith Brothers--Grant & Clayn1

One of my favorites…my dad, Clayn, on the right having a laugh with his older brother, Grant…don’t you just love those suspenders?!

Clayn & Grant again

Here they are again…Dad on the left…a bit more serious this time, and in their dress-up clothes…

Clayn Riggs Smith, about 1942

This colorized photo of my Dad has always just made my heart melt…from about 1942…

Roger, K&D 1_edited

Here’s another sweet little boy…from the mid-1960’s…my husband, Roger…wasn’t he so cute?!  One of my favorites of him as a child.

Roger 3.5 yr. old portrait 

A bit older here, and in his fancy duds…pretty handsome!

Roger & sibs 1967 4_edited

And again…in normal, everyday boy mode…on a bike with a soldier helmet on, of course!

Well, that’s it for me today.  Hope your day is filled with joy!

Julie

 

26 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the photo of your Father and Uncle laughing. Love the suspenders too! Great photo treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage photographs and the stories that go with them that you share. The image with the two brothers laughing is priceless.

    Your cards are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is really cute, Julie! I love the kite and string. As always, I love to see pictures from your collection!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great card, and family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and cute photos, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie... what a darling little card!... and I love the photo of your dad and his brother in their little suspenders!... they look so happy!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the card and the pictures are amazing, they capture so much personality! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's so cute! I Love this adorable little boy card, Julie. What a sweet set this is!...Your dad, uncle and hubby were such cuties! xo Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do enjoy your family photos. Your husband sure was a cute little guy. I love the last pic with the army helmet and the Alamo t-shirt, reminds me of my youngest brother at that age.
    Your card is simply sweet. The kite strings are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi julie!

    your sweet little boy card is just that! so fun to read about the process, too. and of course all of the real-boy images are adorable.

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the photos of all the little boys you shared. Your card is adorable. Boys will be Boys! That you can bet on. Have a great weekend. HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little vintage dad is adorable.....happy friday sweet one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this post is precious and your creation is gorgeous, Julie!!!
    Wow!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Julie! Love your sweet girl and boy cards and all the family photos you have shared that tie into them perfectly. You truly could write a book. I love how you weave your creations and your family history together. Beautiful as always. Have a fabulous Friday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Julie,
    So very sweet. Your husband was truly precious. We see too little of the charm of boys. Thanks so much for your lovely note. I hope we can cannery next time. We are still exhausted but moving on...back to chemo again..ugh...but finding time to love each other!
    Big hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Julie and those old photos are just fabulous!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This little boy card is just as adorable as the little girl, what a wonderful pair of stamp sets!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Whenever I attempt a vintage-y card, I think of you! You do such amazing designs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card! Anf fab old photos!
    Happy Weekend!
    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing card! Thanks for sharing the great photos as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Julie, once again wonderfull- thanks for the "color" explanation, a great way to acchieve those brilliant colors- and you make them so beautifull-
    Loved seing your dad-and husbond as small boyes-so cute both-(sure they don`t like to hear that ,lol)
    xo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card. I just love those old vintage images.. I alway see you on Lynn Stevens blog and decided to hop over to see your blog.. and I am glad I did.. Those old photo's look wonderful.. Hope you have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  22. What perfect finishing touches on your card Julie, The ball of twine holding up the kite is
    perfection!!!!
    have a beautiful weekend
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great card, love the kite complete with string! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is amazing! I love your photos of your parents when they were young, and of your DH when he was young. I love vintage! Your blog is so cool with the vintage things! Your work is eye pleasing! Love to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You always make the best cards, and share the best stories!! This one thrills a mother's heart!

    ReplyDelete