Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Snowman Memories…

girl with snowman--creating myself

Good afternoon, my friends!


What a beautiful day here in California…certainly doesn’t feel like the week before Thanksgiving weather-wise!

But it’s coming, nonetheless!  What are you planning to put on your Thanksgiving table this year?  Old family favorites?   Feeling adventurous and trying some new recipes? 

Well, just a couple of things to share with you today…I’m trying to get ready for a craft fair on Saturday, and I’m SO behind! 

First:

DSC06169_edited-1

A pretty vintage snowman image courtesy of Crafty Secrets, from their “Seasonal” Images & Journal Notes booklet.

DSC06162_edited-2

A new toy for me picked up at Michael’s the other day…”Snow Writer” by DecoArt…look at these fun icicles!

DSC06157_edited-1

Aren’t they fun!  I covered them with Dazzling Diamonds while they were still wet…

DSC06167_edited-1

Such a sweet snow couple…a few sparkling accents on the image and a bit of sparkle to the side…

DSC06171_edited-1

…a trio of chunky snowflakes topped off with vintage mother-of-pearl buttons, a bit of platinum Stickles framing, and that’s about it!

Playing with “snow” today reminded me of this little picture from my past…

hpqscan0002

…1971…northern Ohio.  A lovely place to spend your childhood!  Here are my two brothers, Steve and Scott, and myself with our snowman-in-the-works…Steve eating a fistful of snow…

Did you ever eat freshly fallen snow?  I can still taste it!

One more thing…another page in my Christmas mini-album…

DSC06136_edited-1

Here we are at my Grandma and Grandpa Smith’s house on Christmas morning, 1964.  I was almost two years old and apparently pretty pleased with my new dolly!

DSC06143_edited-1

The collage image with the stockings is from Crafty Secrets’ “Christmas” Creative Scraps…

DSC06142_edited-1

…and the pesky & adorable little Christmas Kewpies are from also from Crafty Secrets’ “Seasonal” Images & Journal Notes booklet…don’t they just make you smile?!

DSC06137_edited-2

And another pretty snowflake…a combination of a large & lovely Martha Stewart snowflake punch, chunky German glass glitter and a vintage button.  Love that combination!

Well, that’s it for me today!  I hope you’re having fun with all your holiday plans…what a wonderful time of the year!

See you soon with something new…

Julie

LiveJournal Tags: ,,